1959 SWR-15 sn 999. w/ W5-33 network. shorthorn pair

Davevt

I received these several years ago from a relative. I never used them but they have been safely stored.

I am interested in restoring, or selling. Side fabric panels included. All electronics original.

I live in Vermont. I will add more photos later this week. Thank you

-- Dave

klipsch swr-15.jpg

Edited by Davevt
add photo

Hello Dave, fellow Vermonter here. Welcome to the forum!  Let me know if you need any assistance as I am well versed in all things Klipsch.  I have owned all of the Heritage line and still possess a good majority of them so I am very familiar.  Would love to see more photos of your Shorthorns.  SWR-15 = Shorthorn Walnut Raw, 15" woofer which could be a Stevens Tru-sonic 103LX or EV 15WK, possibly a K-1000 midrange horn with a K-55 driver and the chrome throat screw terminal 16 ohm K-77 (EV T-35), or they may have University drivers.  There should be a card stapled to the right of the tag you have pictured showing the handwritten driver complement typically.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:00 AM, Davevt said:

I received these several years ago from a relative. I never used them but they have been safely stored.

I am interested in restoring, or selling. Side fabric panels included. All electronics original.

I live in Vermont. I will add more photos later this week. Thank you

-- Dave

klipsch swr-15.jpg

pm sent

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with him and received some more information and additional photos very nice gentleman.  It is not a Shorthorn pair afterall it is a single shorthorn and a single Klipschorn from the late '50's.  They will also need some work, the cloth fabric on the Klipschorn tophat (falling in) and side grills will need to be replaced and some the wood has alot of stains. 

The previous owner also appears to have sawed off the bottom foot or so of the Klipschorn's tailboard.  The Shorthorn has the 16 ohm K-77, university midrange,  and what looks to be the EV 15WK K-33 woofer.  The Klipschorn has the K-5-J wood/fiberglass horn and the Univeristy driver and most likely the 16 ohm K-77.  Last we spoke he could not get the woofer access panel off to see what woofer is in the Klipschorn.  I did not inquire as to what he was asking for them since they weren't anything that I could use singles of unfortunately that and my friend that used to do all my wood refinishing for me succumbed to cancer last year.  He is about 2.5 to 3 hours away from me as well anyone that is interested in singles and a project is welcome to contact him.

I spoke with him and received some more information and additional photos very nice gentleman.  It is not a Shorthorn pair afterall it is a single shorthorn and a single Klipschorn from the late '50's.  They will also need some work, the cloth fabric on the Klipschorn tophat (falling in) and side grills will need to be replaced and some the wood has alot of stains. 

The previous owner also appears to have sawed off the bottom foot or so of the Klipschorn's tailboard.  The Shorthorn has the 16 ohm K-77, university midrange,  and what looks to be the EV 15WK K-33 woofer.  The Klipschorn has the K-5-J wood/fiberglass horn and the Univeristy driver and most likely the 16 ohm K-77.  Last we spoke he could not get the woofer access panel off to see what woofer is in the Klipschorn.  I did not inquire as to what he was asking for them since they weren't anything that I could use singles of unfortunately that and my friend that used to do all my wood refinishing for me succumbed to cancer last year.  He is about 2.5 to 3 hours away from me as well anyone that is interested in singles and a project is welcome to contact him.

Shorthorn woofer.jpg

Klipschorn sidegrills.jpg

Klipschorn bottom.jpg

Klipschorn network 2.jpg

Klipschorn side.jpg

Klipschorn network.jpg

Klipschorn midrange.jpg

Shorthorn top.jpg

Shorthorn front.jpg

Klipschorn Horn Label.jpg

Klipschorn Label.jpg

Klipschorn.jpg