Hi everyone :))) - Been just a little while LOL

Matthews

Just now, Matthews said:

the tubs were a huge undertaking !!!  Perhaps the most difficult part of the build (or my least favorite LOL)

definitely  , you're retrofitting a metal body  , cutting , welding , re-inforcing  in tight areas  it's  easier said than done , the harder way  compared to  fitting a fiberglass shell which weighs nothing -

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matthews said:

LOL - my friends were sick of me...
me: uh, fella's whachaUdoin' today?
me: need help lifting the body again, please?

🤪

you need good buddies , for  all the precision ends to be sorted out   ,and a few cold  beers -and she's all solid  -

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

definitely  , you're retrofitting a metal body  , cutting , welding , re-inforcing  in tight areas  it's  easier said than done , the harder way  compared to  fitting a fiberglass shell which weighs nothing -

Beg to differ. Fiberglass bodies, especially ones for the street with doors, hoods, trunks etc weigh more than steel.

Consider the thickness of material and all the reinforcements needed.  I've seen parts and areas of 'glass bodies that

are really, really thick and heavy. A simple section of a 'glass door skin can be from 1/8 to 3/16 in (and up) thick. 

Modern body sheet metal is 18-20 gauge (0.0359 in) thick. Much lighter than 'glass.

I like the Hudson.

• Like 1

One of my great grandfather’s bought a Hudson Hornet brand new back in the day (do not know what year). He drove it from California to Missouri and back - once - then parked it. My dad bought it in the late 60’s and totaled it in a collision on Pacific Coast Hwy in Malibu. Some old gal made the mistake of turning left in front of that beast. T’wren’t pretty. Did you configure the suicide doors on your project?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The Siamesed ports tell me it’s a small block Chevy.  It’s definitely not a Hudson lump.

I like it a lot.  Anybody can do another Ford, which is cool, but a steel bodied Hudson is extremely cool.

thank you for pointing it out -

7 hours ago, Matthews said:

Contacted this fella: He said his La Scala pair are worth well over $1500 and he has two buyers at $2K.  Just had to laugh to myself and tell him 'good luck with sale'...   🤣

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3181912985368163/

There’s two kind of people on facebook blondie,

Those that want way too much money for what they are selling, and those that don’t answer you.

• Haha 1

not 2-channel but...
So here is what has been taking up my time the last 2+ years.  Pro Street 1935 Hudson.  Built 'er myself.  She is ALMOST done now (never done LOL) and with Winter around the corner, need me some Scala's [emoji3059]
815686305_Hudybody.jpg.a4406287b7e8e06cf0453259f80ae1d6.jpg
1105707098_35Hudy.jpg.c7286d1b4d90e462598ff5794a69404c.jpg

Look at all the cool stuff one can have by stepping away from Audio :)
Looks Good Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1