WTB: La Scala's/CW/Belle in the Missouri area - anyone?

Matthews

3 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

You bought that pair back from your buddy?

Sort of...
Even trade for my RF-7's.  Going to box them up tonight and he is bring the LS before work in the morning.  After work tomorrow, coming to Warrenton to pick up a Velodyne CHT-15 for 250.  Looks to be in very good condition and the seller has been very accommodating.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matthews said:

They will need some work - end goal, - Piano Black with the tri Cane grills.

Those black ones you did a few years back (black beauties) did turn out nice. But I am still partial to the pair you posted at the start of this thread. Didn't those end up with @cincymat ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Didn't those end up with @cincymat ?

Yes, Cincymat's Plum Mahogany are my favorites too!

Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, this is the pair I paid $125 for that came out of a fraternity house.  They are not a candidate for full restoration and will have to be painted.  The bones are good but there is a lot of wood filler on them from all the years of abuse.  

...and so it will be, Black Betty II 🤪 - revisited

BlackBetty.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Those black ones you did a few years back (black beauties) did turn out nice.

Hell, I don't remember!  The original Black Betty's may have been the fraternity speakers.  Shoot, been so long ago...   OYE 🥴

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Those black ones you did a few years back (black beauties) did turn out nice. But I am still partial to the pair you posted at the start of this thread. Didn't those end up with @cincymat ?

Yes, I did buy these. I had to sell them when I moved to NC last summer. Ended up keeping the Khorns I bought from Richieb. 

Mark

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MookieStl said:

How is NC treating you?

Excepting the corona virus, everything is great! Weather is very nice, we’re about 10 minutes from the beach, and I’ve played almost 70 rounds of golf so far this year. 

Retirement is the life for me....

Mark

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Excepting the corona virus, everything is great! Weather is very nice, we’re about 10 minutes from the beach, and I’ve played almost 70 rounds of golf so far this year. 

Retirement is the life for me....

Mark

Enjoy it, I would guess you earned it.

Sounds good except for the golf part. I played once already this year, that should hold me over for a while.

17 hours ago, MookieStl said:

You bought that pair back from your buddy?

I do not think these are the Frat house speakers.  The Frat house must have been the original Black Beauty's...
The tops and corners are just in too good of shape to have been those

tops.jpg

1 minute ago, Matthews said:

I do not think these are the Frat house speakers.  The Frat house must have been the original Black Beauty's...
The tops and corners are just in too good of shape to have been those

tops.jpg

I ended up with the frat house speakers (I think)

post-60988-0-78480000-1463244384_thumb.jpg

2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I ended up with the frat house speakers (I think)

I think you are correct, Sir.  The whole reason for the coating you applied to them.  Damn memory was never very good to start with.  Not getting any better HaHa.  Forgot all about you taking a pair of the beaters...

4 hours ago, Matthews said:

I think you are correct, Sir.  The whole reason for the coating you applied to them.  Damn memory was never very good to start with.  Not getting any better HaHa.  Forgot all about you taking a pair of the beaters...

Oh yeah, bondo, duratex and some aluminum trim......good to go.

post-60988-0-26460000-1445794319_thumb.jpgpost-60988-0-80620000-1446506325_thumb.jpgpost-60988-0-55420000-1446852241_thumb.jpgpost-60988-0-41660000-1447535084_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

bondo, duratex and some aluminum trim......good to go

yeap, believe them be the Frats... 
Damn memory 🤨

edit: just remembered, the 1st Betty's were factory black and that is how they ended up staying black.  However, can't remember for the life of me where I originally got the Scala's I have now.  7 or 8 pairs later, I loose track...