Happy Father's day

CECAA850

My father passed too early at 64 yo in 1988.  He was a certified member of the Greatest Generation.  At the tender age of 19 he was plucked from classes at Johns Hopkins University to become an instant Lieutenant in Army Corps of Engineers.  After serving in France and Philippines he returned to Hopkins before marrying  a war widow with a 2 yo daughter.  At the age of 23 he had more life experience and maturity than I do today at 71.  I miss him and I miss being able to wish him a Happy Father’s Day for the last 32 years.

Happy Father’s Day to all the Fathers, including those no longer with us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You know who you are.  Relax and have a great day!

we have not stopped , cooking aaaall day , the phone is officially busy with everybody  trying to reach everybody -----Happy Father's Day to you Carl  -----and to all the rest of you who are Fathers -

Happy Fathers Day Vector & Photo (Free Trial) | Bigstock

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

we have not stopped , cooking aaaall day , the phone is officially busy with everybody  trying to reach everybody -----Happy Father's Day to you Carl  -----and to all the rest of you who are Fathers -

Thanks.  I bbq'd way too much food today. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Happy Fathers day to whoever it applies to.

26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Thanks.  I bbq'd way too much food today. 

Doing a little now but no big thing just a pork loin. 

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I bbq'd way too much food today. 

I could use some.  Some good BBQ with some potato salad and corn on the cob sounds really good. getting tired of my bachelor diet.  made some pasta today with vodka sauce and threw in a can of peas. washed it down with three Molson Canadians. 

Got in a good two or three hours of guitar work (lost track). Callouses are already back on my fingertips so I can put out @grasshopper smokes without burning myself. 

Will have to make a trip to the dispensary on Wednesday. Found one on the internet that has 50% off Wednesdays. I only have four gummies left so time to reload. they do wonders for my sleeping. 

• Like 1

A low key Father's Day here (appropriate as Jake is my only boy).  LF and I listened to music for an hour (David Lanz compilation), mixed some Old Fashions, grilled two filets with corn on the cob, and caesar salad.  Played the best of three games of pool, early to bed. 

Life in the slow lane.