Help with speaker selection for 7.2.2

KN0905

I am building out my HT room located in my basement and wanted to get your opinions what I am thinking.

Room Size: 17w x 23d x 8h

Screen: 120 inch

Projector: TBD 4k 

Receiver: TBD but leaning towards Marantz SR7013 

Front Right/Left RP-600M
Center RP-504C
Side Surround R/L RP-402S
Rear Surround R/L RP-500SA
Atmos Height CDT-5650-C II
Sub (2) SPL-100

I think I am rather set on the center speaker, and my current design for the cabinets below and to the side of the screen will accommodate the book shelve better than a floor standing option.  Would it be better to stay with the RP-500SA for both the SSRL and RSRL?  Alternatively maybe better to stay with the RP-402S for both SSRL and RSRL?

Thanks for the help this is my first real HT attempt. 

@KN0905,

Welcome to the forum.

All looks good but maybe consider a pair of 15" subs instead of twin 10" subs.  If budget does not allow at first, get a single 15" and add another when $$$ permits.

Also, if you are planning on a projector and screen, look into a acoustic transparent screen and then place identical speakers behind screen as your LCR.  Otherwise your plan for your LCR will work out just fine.

Bill

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 11:00 PM, KN0905 said:

I think I am rather set on the center speaker, and my current design for the cabinets below and to the side of the screen will accommodate the book shelve better than a floor standing option.  Would it be better to stay with the RP-500SA for both the SSRL and RSRL?  Alternatively maybe better to stay with the RP-402S for both SSRL and RSRL?

I feel the RP-500SA is designed for ATMOS height speakers as its main role.  If you have the room for RP402S or even in wall. They may be better than RP-500SA for rear surround.  Remember ATMOS spec for surround is at ear level. (reference: https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-atmos/dolby-atmos-home-theater-installation-guidelines.pdf)

Edited by Univek
  • Like 1