Velodyne CHT-15 ???

Matthews

On 6/22/2020 at 8:40 PM, MC39693 said:

Once you get the CHT setup, update the thread with your thoughts.

Well I brought the CHT-15 home tonight.  Initial impressions are good.  It is kind of a booger to tune though.  Going to have to play around with it this weekend, placement & controls.  It has a nice tight sound and the odd placement does not seem to slow it down nor cause a directional effect.  One thumb up for now.  Perhaps, after I get it dialed in, we'll see two thumbs to the sky.

CHT-sub.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Matthews said:

Going to have to play around with it this weekend, placement & controls.  It has a nice tight sound and the odd placement does not seem to slow it down nor cause a directional effect. 

Did you try aiming it at the wall instead of into the room? I had a MK-125 sub front firing sealed and could not get good sound out of it I was about to give up when I decided to spin it around and aim the woofer at the back wall and wow did it make a huge difference. Congrats on the sub by the way and good luck getting her dialed in!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Did you try aiming it at the wall instead of into the room?

Naw, haven't had the chance to play with placement yet.  Just a quick tune and make sure everything works as it should.  Get to play more this weekend 🤓