Used parasound silver a31 vs new emotiva xpa 3 gen 3 power amp

JoeJoeThe3rd

Hi guys sorry I new here. But basically I bought a pair of rf7 iii floor standing boys and a rc64iii from a local authorized klipsch dealers. They have a used parasound silver a31 power amp with a price of 2185. Now I was very interested in the parasound but it was out of my price range and frankly I still don’t know if it’s worth it to me to spend an extra 1000$ to get this amp instead of the emotiva. The emotiva seems like a very reasonable good amp for the price and I wanted to ask some of you respectable knowagable speaker klipsch folk to see if it was a good deal on the parasound. And if it would be worth it to get that power amp over the emotiva. What are some of your thoughts. Thank your guys so much. My speakers are getting here at the end of the the month so I’m trying to hurry and pull the trigger and everything and pull everything together so I can have it ready by the time they get here. I am also getting a new receiver and an think about getting the Yamaha aventage 1080. What are your thoughts on that receiver and any good other suggestions. What are some thing I should know before I buy that receiver and what kind of sound does Yamaha bring to the table, thank you. My current system is rf52ii and rb51ii which I will be integrating into my new system. So it will most likely be a 7.2 or a 5.2 with a svs pb16 ultra and a klipsch sw112. Thank you guys so much and sorry again for I am knew here.

Edited by David y

I would go with the parasound over the other. I know for a fact they last a very long time and have some of the sweetest sound over many other amps. As for the other one. They have not been around as long as the other. Not saying it’s a bad amp

The parasound is on the upper side of the food chain and can be rebuilt if anything goes wrong

Just my 2cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I would go with the parasound over the other. I know for a fact they last a very long time and have some of the sweetest sound over many other amps. As for the other one. They have not been around as long as the other. Not saying it’s a bad amp

The parasound is on the upper side of the food chain and can be rebuilt if anything goes wrong

Just my 2cents

Right it’s just slot of money and I don’t know if I would even notice a difference in sound quality and the fact that it’s used is concerning. Do you really think it would be worth it. Would it be noticeable? Also do you think that’s a good price of the amp? They said condition 8/10. Or do you think I could get them to bring down the cost some more? 

Edited by David y

26 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I would Work on getting the price down, and yes the sound difference will be very noticeable

Really, you think it would be noticeable. I just think it’s a lot of money to spend on a power amp for not even that expensive speakers. I mean ya the rf7iiis are quite expensive but relative to what. It’s just like the power amp is like more expensive than the speakers at this point and it’s like is that really  Necessary. Also it’s used so that’s scary. But if I could get the price lowered a little bit more and there would acually be a noticeable improvement on the sound quality I think I would be onboard because I love klipsch and I love these speakers and I love music and movie and good sounding sound and I haven’t even heard them yet and what ever I can do to make them sound better I want to do. I just don’t want to break the bank doing it. Because this  has definitely turned out to be a whole hell of a ton of a lot more money than I ever thought it would of been lol. But I pulled the trigger on the speakers because I got them for 25% off also. And I got my sub for 500$ off and I might even get my center for freeee333. I guess I should of put more thought into it before I bought them but I guess more goes into it than just buying three speakers and a subwoofer 🔊. Gosh almighty it’s been a journey thus far let me tell you lol . Thank you for your advice it really helps!

Edited by David y

If I have a 3 channel power amp and say I only use that power amp to power two speaker from time to time at that point in time will the power amp be putting out more power to those two speakers than it would if I was doing it to all three or is it the same, how does it work if one was to do this and are there any negative things to doing this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I have a question. So I’m getting the parasound a31. Say I’m only running my left and right channels into that 3 channel power amp. Since I’m only running two channels instead of three will it actually power those two channels with more power than if I was to run all three. And are there any other advantages to this?

1 hour ago, David y said:

Hey guys I have a question. So I’m getting the parasound a31. Say I’m only running my left and right channels into that 3 channel power amp. Since I’m only running two channels instead of three will it actually power those two channels with more power than if I was to run all three. And are there any other advantages to this?

Yes it should be a bit more power in stereo.  How much, not sure but probably somewhere between 260w/ch to 280w/ch @ 8ohms if I had to guess.  

As far as advantages, you probably will not notice much at all.

Bill

Thank you for all the help, I wonder where he lives. He dealer that next to me I get the a31 down to about 2080$. It’s about 2 years old and there 3 years left on the warranty and they are in very good condition. I think I’m gonna stick with the a31 with my guy unless something sticks out at me. I wonder if I should not even worry about getting the a31 to not power the center channel. I ended up getting an anthem mrx720. I wondering if I should just get a 2 channel power amp or if I should go with the three channel or if my center channel really needs that extra power. I’m guessing I should just do it..

3 hours ago, David y said:

I wondering if I should just get a 2 channel power amp or if I should go with the three channel or if my center channel really needs that extra power. I’m guessing I should just do it..

Stick with the 3 channel.  Best bang for the buck.

Bill

• Like 1