National Anthem

tube fanatic

This is not a political thread.  Rather, it is about the desire of some to remove the way many of us feel about our wonderful country.  This article, which deals with the issue from a sports perspective, beautifully explains why doing so would slap the faces of all who have died protecting our freedoms.  

https://fanbuzz.com/national/national-anthem-at-sports-events/

Maynard 

• Thanks 2

Not only should the national anthem be required listening, as president, I would require everyone to dress like Uncle Sam. Of course, I'd give people suitable time to grow the beard; but eventually ALL would have beards ... even the ladies (my spouse would be excluded from this requirement). 

Unknown.jpeg

On 6/26/2020 at 7:31 AM, tube fanatic said:

This is not a political thread.  Rather, it is about the desire of some to remove the way many of us feel about our wonderful country.  This article, which deals with the issue from a sports perspective, beautifully explains why doing so would slap the faces of all who have died protecting our freedoms.  

https://fanbuzz.com/national/national-anthem-at-sports-events/

Maynard 

it will never happen , in the USA ,or Canada , and definitely never in Hockey -

9 hours ago, Deang said:

Well, it used to be one thing, but like so many other things, it got hijacked.

I'm good with the Anthem, but rest has got to go.

https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2018/07/20/military-sports-astore-francona

the Military use it as a recruiting tool ,   and a way to Valorize the Men/Women who Serve  , why not  -

----Die Kultmoviegang präsentiert Rocky IV im Kino

1 hour ago, TasDom said:

A quite ficticious account of the attack on Ft. McHenry. There were, in fact only 19 British ships involved. Key was only working for the release of a Dr., and the fort actually sustained minor damage as the larger ships couldn't get close enough and the fort had gone through modification a few year earlier. British ground troops were outnumbered two to one. The smaller storm flag was lowered and replaced with the larger flag used for reveille every day.

Make no mistake, our flag represents something special. It represents why multiple thousands come here and work to become citizens, over 756,000 in 2018 alone.

• Like 1