Svs pb16 ultra issues

JoeJoeThe3rd

So I just got my new svs Pb16 ultra because the first one came with three huge scratches on the left side of it. Now that I got the new one it came with a wrong cord. I’m just kind of fed up with svs and don’t know what to do at this point. My room is 13 by 15 with about 8 foot ceiling and a hall that extends to the bathroom that makes It like 13 by 23. It’s confusing I know I’m not good with measurements. I’m gonna call and complain to svs maybe I can get some money off or something I doubt it. I already got the sub for 500$ off which I thought was a very good deal. Any other good sub recommendations you guys could throw at me. I know there are some other subs out there for the same amount of money if not less that will outperform the pb16 but I just felt like it was well suited for me and was quite convenient. I don’t really wanna spend over 2000$ or much over 2000$ But am open to suggestions. I like a sub that can really dig down to those low frequencies. And before this sub I have the sw112. Will it be ok to run both of those subs at the same time it would it limit the pb16, just curious? And have yet to really be able to test this pb16 bad boy out in a suitable room with some suitable music and now I guess I’m gonna have to wait longer. Thanks guys. 

78516B80-3497-4119-BA21-A2F3BC13A0F3.jpeg

Edited by David y
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jason str said:

If you want bang for the buck and great warranty daisy chain some of these together.

I want great impeccable quality performance with great warranty. Thanks for the suggestion I wonder if they have any quality woofers there. Ima look into it. Just looked into them, I don’t think they have what I’m looking for but thank you. Not expensive enough lol.

Edited by David y

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hey you've got two of those bad boys there @David y?

Contact them again, sure they would cross ship or something to make it right for you.

Somebody there had a bad day I guess.

No, the first one I bought had huge scratches on the left side. So they ordered me a new one which I picked up today and gave them back the scratched up one to only find out they gave me the wrong cord. I think it’s a cord for Europe or something. So I only have one kind sir. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, David y said:

I want great impeccable quality performance with great warranty.

My experience with my SVS SB13 Plus has been all that and more.

Sorry about your misfortunes.

Go get one of these and contact SVS to credit you the cost.

https://www.staples.com/Tripp-Lite-SJT-5-15P-5-15R-Heavy-Duty-Power-Extension-Cord-14-AWG-10-P024-010/product_2509392

image.png.e4a8146ef203712877835627334118b2.png

Bill

• Like 1

10 hours ago, David y said:

I want great impeccable quality performance with great warranty. Thanks for the suggestion I wonder if they have any quality woofers there. Ima look into it. Just looked into them, I don’t think they have what I’m looking for but thank you. Not expensive enough lol.

If i was to spend any where near the amount you spent i would recommend something horn loaded.

• Like 2

the cord is just a standard power cord used on personal computers, cost a few bucks.  SVS customer service is top notch, sounds like a fluke to have the wrong cord sent & the scrathces on the 1st one could have happened in shipping.  either way just buy a new cord locally & im sure SVS will credit you for it & send a new cord.  shoot, they will usually replace amps & woofers out of warranty... try that with klipsch or any other brand subs & they will laugh at you!  

a 150 watt dayton sub wont come anywhere near the pb16 ultra performance! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

the cord is just a standard power cord used on personal computers, cost a few bucks.  SVS customer service is top notch, sounds like a fluke to have the wrong cord sent & the scrathces on the 1st one could have happened in shipping.  either way just buy a new cord locally & im sure SVS will credit you for it & send a new cord.  shoot, they will usually replace amps & woofers out of warranty... try that with klipsch or any other brand subs & they will laugh at you!  

Multiples will allow better performance.

More than 10 times the price for an air pusher = better options.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jason str said:

Multiples will allow better performance.

More than 10 times the price for an air pusher = better options.

Yep, and as "air pushers" go (word's I've been using for years also), they are BETTER pushing that air thought a HORN (tapped or full).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

No but 4 of the cheap ones will blow it away at HALF the price!! or.................2 of the Bill Fitzmaurice Tuba HT LP's front and rear, still at half the price with lower distortion. Jason nailed it with his $199 alternatives.

• Like 1

i dont doubt 4 of the daytons would be better... thats 60" of woofer!  but lets be realistic here, quite possible he & many people don't have room for 4 subs based on the dimensions posted.  same for the table tuba subs... looks like they are rather large, 30x30x16 or 60" long for the long style.  plus they need to be built,  not too practical for many people that just want to add a good sub to their system.  & just because SVS mixed up the power cord is no reason to be fed up with them, they will make it right & stand behind their product for many years to come, even after the warranty expires.

i agree the price is high on most these upper level brands, but SVS has good deals in the discount section & can find them used for less than half the price with transferable warranty.  there are better options out there but size &/or positioning of multiple subs arent for everyone.           

21 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

i dont doubt 4 of the daytons would be better... thats 60" of woofer!  but lets be realistic here, quite possible he & many people don't have room for 4 subs based on the dimensions posted.  same for the table tuba subs... looks like they are rather large, 30x30x16 or 60" long for the long style.  plus they need to be built,  not too practical for many people that just want to add a good sub to their system.  & just because SVS mixed up the power cord is no reason to be fed up with them, they will make it right & stand behind their product for many years to come, even after the warranty expires.

i agree the price is high on most these upper level brands, but SVS has good deals in the discount section & can find them used for less than half the price with transferable warranty.  there are better options out there but size &/or positioning of multiple subs arent for everyone.           

Look at the size difference between the Dayton & SVS cabinets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

I don't buy this argument for an excuse in a small room. Mine is 11.5x16.5 with an 8 foot ceiling. I'm using TWO big TH subs as my Right and Left channel "Speaker Stands." One is 18 cubic feet and the other, 22. The 18 is soon to be replaced by another 22, and I'll have an additional 22 foot one against the rear wall that goes down to 12 Hz.. I don't buy this excuse for not having enough subs or BIGGER Subs, of Tapped Horn Variety for LOW DISTORTION performance and high output required for modern ATMOS and getting down into the TEENs as far as response goes IF you listen to Blockbuster Movies at "Reference" levels. All others direct radiators are "miniature" in comparison to the POWER and WAVELENGTHS required (about 56 FEET at 20 Hz.). If your floor and calves don't vibrate, then your subs are too WIMPY in my opinion, my ears, and measurements. But hey go ahead and enjoy those distortion generators that use way too many watts to generate those distortions!!!

If there's a WILL, there's a WAY in a small room, which is what most people have anyhow.

3 hours ago, jason str said:

Look at the size difference between the Dayton & SVS cabinets.

why? they are about the same size.  now times that by 3-4 multiples as was suggested for the daytons to match the 16 ultra.  my point was multiples & large horn subs arent always practical or possible.

3 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

why? they are about the same size.  now times that by 3-4 multiples as was suggested for the daytons to match the 16 ultra.  my point was multiples & large horn subs arent always practical or possible.

Nobody said it was a match.

Feel free to buy what you want.

• Like 1