Bad photography of my audio/home theater system

Curmudgeon

Here's the money pit!

This mess is wired up a bit unusually (cables behind the racks looks like two octopuses fornicating):

Home theater is via Aragon Soundstage and three Aragon 8008ST amps using Klipschorn mains, Cornwall II center, Heresy surrounds, and a LF-10 sub. Nak DVD, Brand-X (Toshiba) VCR, Rega CD, Aragon tuner, and Linn turntable are the sources.

Straight stereo listening can be done with three methods:

Aragon Soundstage / 8008ST amp / Klipschorns (with above listed sources)

Aragon Soundstage / Palladium II balanced monoblocks / B&W CDM-9NT's (with above listed sources)

McIntosh C-22 / MC-275 / Klipschorns with Nak Dragon CD/DAC, Yamaha PF-800 turntable, and Denon DR-F7 & DR-F6 cassette decks as sources

The Soundstage has both single-ended and balanced outputs, which allows the front channel 8008ST amps to work via single-ended cables and the Palladium II's to connect via balanced cables. The source-switching for the Klipschorns is accomplished via a Niles SAS-1 switching controller. Home theater amp switching is automated via a Mondial RPC-120, the McIntosh amp switching is automated via a Rotel RLC-900. To listen to the B&W's you have to manually switch off the 8008ST's and switch on the Palladium II's. Don't ask how this rig came about, it wasn't planned (no one in their right mind would plan this!) so much as it evolved over the years. The fireplace and sectional sofa in the room screws up listening on the long wall, so speaker and rack placement is somewhat of a compromise for two-channel purposes but works very well with home theater. I just have to remember to not consume alcohol before screwing around with the wiring! 9.gif

A big thanks goes out to the forum members for providing the info to motivate me get into tubes, I would never have made the leap without the informed opinions and selfless hours of posts by Mobile Homeless, Jazzman, NOS440, Edster00, DeanG, and numerous others (including Fini who keeps it interesting!). I tend to lurk more than post due to time constraints but those out there that do take the time to post should realize that their time and efforts are greatly appreciated.

audio_01.jpg

Overview of right corner: Cornwall II center channel, VPI 16.5 record cleaner, B&W CDM-9NT's, Aragon Palladium II monoblock amps, 1979 Klipsch KC-BR's (only right ones are visible), and equipment racks. The Mobile Fidelity UltrAmp & Linn Kolektor are temporarily unhooked.

audio_02.jpg

Left rack upper section: McIntosh MC-275 Gordon Gow Commemorative amp, Aragon Soundstage pre-pro, Nakamichi DVD-15 player, Aragon 47K phono stage, Aragon 4T2 tuner

Right rack upper section: Linn LP12 turntable, Ittok LVII tonearm, Entre mc cartridge with Van den Hul mods, Nakamichi Dragon CD & controller, McIntosh C-22 preamp (original-not a reissue) in a L52 slant-leg cabinet

audio_03.jpg

Left rack lower section: Aragon 8008ST amplfiers

Right rack lower section: Nakamichi Dragon DAC 96/24, Linn Lingo power supply for LP12, Rega Planet CD player, Denon DR-F7 cassette

audio_04.jpg

Closeup of Linn LP12 turntable and also what no home can do without: "art". Audio Technica tonearm lifter is just visible, this is a lifesaver!

audio_05.jpg

Closeup of Yamaha PF-800 turntable

K-Horns and 9NT's in the same room! 9.gif I like your taste in speakers.

I'm going to have a Klipsch/B&W combo in my room soon. I currently have a pair of 602's up front and I'm using my Quintets as rears. Soon I'm going to pick up a pair of RB-5's. I'll use my 602's for critical and laid back listening, and the RB-5's for gaming, home theater and loud music like electronica and hard rock/metal.