Be afraid, be very afraid.....

jimjimbo

You could steal the sign.....  just don't get caught.  Max fine for loud car stereo is $500, max fine for stealing same sign is $100....

My road is marked No Parking for a variety of reasons (primarily hunters clogging/blocking the road when the season begins)

Mysteriously, prior to hunting season, the signs disappear....  hunters park...  "I didn't see any signs....I didn't know this was no parking"

hmmmmm......

I think ... at least at one time ... most stolen sign in the US was ... A1A at southern most tip of Key West?  Some Parrotheads need the sign for the Tiki Bar.  I've been there ... checked that sign out and thought ... what's the fine?  My wife sees me eyeing the sign and says ... Don't even think it!  She's a lawyer.  Dang.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MC39693 said:

need the sign for the Tiki Bar

Wasn't me, but do have one in the tiki bar that is shaped like an arrow and it says, Mile 0 Key West, and another someone gave me that says Duval St.

Neither are stolen was not that brave.

Calgary to Key West, that's a hike, slightly different climate. 

4 hours ago, Coytee said:

You could steal the sign.....  just don't get caught.  Max fine for loud car stereo is $500, max fine for stealing same sign is $100....

I'd pay $100 + shipping if you're interested

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Well most of the loud car stereos are just thunderous bass ‘thumpers’ anyway

Yes but there is also the other kind of idiot, the ones you hear pass that use a cheap PA football stadium type horn and all you hear is the very upper mids and highs, not sure which one is worse. 

I had a battery powered chip amp that would power the MWM's with split LaScala tops I use outside to easily over 100 Db. Thought about loading them in the back of the truck pointing to one side and pull up at a gas station where the person in the car on the other side of the pump was misled into thinking I wanted to hear there music/crap. Then let them have it full blast, just to the see the reaction. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Then let them have it full blast, just to the see the reaction. 

They will sulk away....  in high school, the system in my car was pretty good (not by today's standards).  Went to A&W to get a rootbeer one night with a pal.  Car next to us had Boston playing at 11.  Hmm....seems I had that same tape in my car.  So while they were annoying everyone, we caught our tape up with theirs and got them in synch (as close we could)....  then, we laid into it and essentially drown them out.

Within a handful of minutes, they paid & left and all was peaceful again.

When you have an idiot swinging his hammer......it's always nice when you have a bigger hammer.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Boston was a big thing back then, not much else sounded like them. 

Yeah, after their 1st album, they pushed them out on tour (so they didn't have much material after they planed both sides).  Same friend & I went to the concert.  We thought about leaving during the show....  it simply sounded better in my house than the setup they had playing.

28 minutes ago, dtel said:

Then let them have it full blast, just to the see the reaction. 

the reaction would be that they may even ask you to play it ,  louder -Bass is addictive ,  it is the first sound a human hears in the womb-