Be afraid, be very afraid.....

jimjimbo

5 hours ago, MC39693 said:

I think ... at least at one time ... most stolen sign in the US was ... A1A at southern most tip of Key West? 

When I went away to college my parents moved.  Their new address was Abbey Road, Town of Onondaga, NY.

Funny nobody steals that road sign anymore but back in the day, it was stolen all the time. Hell, I think I may have even stolen it. Given my affinity for Da Beetles, I'm pretty sure it was subjected to urinary cleansing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thebes said:

When I went away to college my parents moved.  Their new address was Abbey Road, Town of Onondaga, NY.

Funny nobody steals that road sign anymore but back in the day, it was stolen all the time. Hell, I think I may have even stolen it. Given my affinity for Da Beetles, I'm pretty sure it was subjected to urinary cleansing.

wild memories -good ole days

True story, which I think I've mentioned on the Forum before. I'm away at college, run out of clean laundry and figure it's time to go visit Mom.  So I load up a pillow case with stinky stuff and hitch a ride home. Arrive at dusk. Walk up to my front door. No lights on. Gee they must be out. Put my key in the door. It doesn't turn.  Look through the windows and the place is empty!

They thought they'd ditch me but I tracked them down. Kind of a weird way to say goodbye to the home you grew up in.  I'm sure they told me they were moving but it obviously didn't register. I was in college and my thoughts were focused on things like girls and beer, and I'm pretty sure there were something called classes in there somewhere.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:
2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Which Boston song?

is there more than one ... I never could tell. 

Ok even though I had the Lp and liked it, I have to admit many of the songs did kind of sound similar. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Ok even though I had the Lp and liked it, I have to admit many of the songs did kind of sound similar. 

Boston was a Legend band , the Radio stations played their tunes non-stop , in the 70's ----

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

so there's no problem with mono..

http://www.drowninginbrown.com/dib_sp.htm

Hi-fi is its own beautiful thing and for me the more simple it is the better. Mono, that's right, MONO. Ya heard me, Monophonic For years people listened to it and loved it. But some hustlers told us stereo was better while they were selling us two of everything. Well, it's not. Trust me. It might be more but it's not better.

10 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

What was that awesome line @CECAA850 Carl had in reference to someone saying "I dont listen to rap." Carl said he listed to it almost every day, just about every time he pulled up to a red light and his windows started to shake.

I've slept since then.  It's lost for eternity. 

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

http://www.drowninginbrown.com/dib_sp.htm

Hi-fi is its own beautiful thing and for me the more simple it is the better. Mono, that's right, MONO. Ya heard me, Monophonic For years people listened to it and loved it. But some hustlers told us stereo was better while they were selling us two of everything. Well, it's not. Trust me. It might be more but it's not better.

Mono has no stress. The stereo consistently battles between each sphere of the brain and screws up voices.

JJK

I received a loud stereo ticket right in front of my old apartment in Chicago, cop was a total dick. I had a 1979 Toyota Supra at the time with just the factory stereo dashboard speaker playing. Ticket was not a cheap one either.

• Like 1