Rp150m or rp4000

RANGE DOG

New here,

Getting ready to order the Reisong A10 tube amp.

I understand it is low powered, and wondered which of my two sets of speakers are more efficient.

RP150M bookshelves,

or RP4000F floorstanding.

I have both & It will be my first tube amp.

Thanks 

Welcome to this forum!

Even with Reison's 6W, both speaker sets will play really loud.

You'll have better bass with the floorstanders.

Warning: with both speakers sets, you'll never want to revert back to solid state... (unless very high end...)

• Like 1

As promised, here are the pics.

Excellent packing job the amp is absolutely immaculate and very impressive so far played one album and one CD.

Ended up hooking it to my floorstanding speakers as opposed to my bookshelfs as per ILI ‘s suggestion in the above post.

very happy so far.

using my Rega Planar 2 with Grado cartridge.

One question if anyone one has any experience .

the directions say after you use it and shut  it down , to turn it back on for five minutes, to avoid tube damage.

Am I understanding this right ,

turn it back on I’m assuming with nothing playing and no load .

i have added a picture of the “ turn back on directions “

23C49967-0355-47F4-A71A-0D14CFF11AA0.jpeg

760E0DDA-8F49-40CB-ACBC-0E1D64DD0E50.jpeg

C0FDF241-749F-4BF4-B92D-8A3B49D43105.jpeg

Edited by RANGE DOG
Info
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RANGE DOG said:

May have found my answer,

I think it was a language translation problem.

I believe it means, “ if you turn it off, do not turn it back on for 5 minutes,” to protect the tubes.

Thoughts?

The tubes will not be damaged if you turn the amp back on in less than 5 minutes.  I’m guessing that they want the electrolytic caps to fully discharge before the next power up cycle.  I would have to see a schematic and look at a few things to provide a better answer.  I think they left out the word “not” in regard to #2 in the instructions.

Maynard

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

The tubes will not be damaged if you turn the amp back on in less than 5 minutes.  I’m guessing that they want the electrolytic caps to fully discharge before the next power up cycle.  I would have to see a schematic and look at a few things to provide a better answer.  I think they left out the word “not” in regard to #2 in the instructions.

Maynard here's a schema. I'd be interested in your opinion of the overall design. Thanks.

EL34-SET.jpg

It is a nice, simple, ultralinear design which should sound very nice.   

The  solid state diodes are used with the tube rectifier to form a hybrid bridge rectifier.  Some designers prefer doing it that way, and it works fine whenever the current draw is on the low side.  

I would enjoy seeing a picture of the underside of this amp.

Maynard 

These things are amazing for the money. Dead quite at idle, I leave the volume at 100% and control the volume with Volumio( streaming app on a raspberry Pi) and the background is pretty close to black. Very dynamic and detailed and with just enough "tubiness". Pairs very well with my Heresys. Money well spent. I make it a point to listen to it for at least an hour every night.