Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
RANGE DOG

Rp150m or rp4000

Recommended Posts

New here,

 Getting ready to order the Reisong A10 tube amp.

I understand it is low powered, and wondered which of my two sets of speakers are more efficient.

RP150M bookshelves,

or RP4000F floorstanding.

I have both & It will be my first tube amp.

 Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to this forum!

 

Even with Reison's 6W, both speaker sets will play really loud.

You'll have better bass with the floorstanders.

 

Warning: with both speakers sets, you'll never want to revert back to solid state... (unless very high end...)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As promised, here are the pics.

 

Excellent packing job the amp is absolutely immaculate and very impressive so far played one album and one CD.

 Ended up hooking it to my floorstanding speakers as opposed to my bookshelfs as per ILI ‘s suggestion in the above post.

very happy so far.

using my Rega Planar 2 with Grado cartridge.

 One question if anyone one has any experience .

the directions say after you use it and shut  it down , to turn it back on for five minutes, to avoid tube damage.

 Am I understanding this right ,

turn it back on I’m assuming with nothing playing and no load .

i have added a picture of the “ turn back on directions “

23C49967-0355-47F4-A71A-0D14CFF11AA0.jpeg

760E0DDA-8F49-40CB-ACBC-0E1D64DD0E50.jpeg

C0FDF241-749F-4BF4-B92D-8A3B49D43105.jpeg

Edited by RANGE DOG
Info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May have found my answer,

I think it was a language translation problem.

I believe it means, “ if you turn it off, do not turn it back on for 5 minutes,” to protect the tubes.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RANGE DOG said:

May have found my answer,

I think it was a language translation problem.

I believe it means, “ if you turn it off, do not turn it back on for 5 minutes,” to protect the tubes.

Thoughts?


The tubes will not be damaged if you turn the amp back on in less than 5 minutes.  I’m guessing that they want the electrolytic caps to fully discharge before the next power up cycle.  I would have to see a schematic and look at a few things to provide a better answer.  I think they left out the word “not” in regard to #2 in the instructions.
 

 

Maynard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the A10 and love it. My Heresy III speakers are very happy as well. That's just a typo in the manual as Maynard noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

The tubes will not be damaged if you turn the amp back on in less than 5 minutes.  I’m guessing that they want the electrolytic caps to fully discharge before the next power up cycle.  I would have to see a schematic and look at a few things to provide a better answer.  I think they left out the word “not” in regard to #2 in the instructions.

Maynard here's a schema. I'd be interested in your opinion of the overall design. Thanks.

EL34-SET.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple, and looks good, too. It looks even better without the quonset hut on top. I don't think I've seen two diodes in the rectifier plate circuit before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a nice, simple, ultralinear design which should sound very nice.   
 

The  solid state diodes are used with the tube rectifier to form a hybrid bridge rectifier.  Some designers prefer doing it that way, and it works fine whenever the current draw is on the low side.  
 

I would enjoy seeing a picture of the underside of this amp.

 

 

Maynard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't turn on your tube Amp when no speakers are connected... That's one of the basic rules to pay attention to. Most tube amps need some burn in time, so the sound quality will improve as the days pass. 

Enjoy the music! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

I would enjoy seeing a picture of the underside of this amp.

Here you go.

a10.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice work in there!  Neat, simple, and great symmetry.  I couldn’t buy the parts to build one for its retail cost (and mine would not look as nice).  Enjoy!

 

 

Maynard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These things are amazing for the money. Dead quite at idle, I leave the volume at 100% and control the volume with Volumio( streaming app on a raspberry Pi) and the background is pretty close to black. Very dynamic and detailed and with just enough "tubiness". Pairs very well with my Heresys. Money well spent. I make it a point to listen to it for at least an hour every night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As WETOWNE stated mine has zero hum or hiss, coming through the speakers,

Ill have to say I’m happy about that😀🎼

Edited by RANGE DOG
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 3:39 PM, wetowne said:

These things are amazing for the money. Dead quite at idle, I leave the volume at 100% and control the volume with Volumio( streaming app on a raspberry Pi) and the background is pretty close to black. Very dynamic and detailed and with just enough "tubiness". Pairs very well with my Heresys. Money well spent. I make it a point to listen to it for at least an hour every night.

 

Wetowne :

 

Since you don't use the Volume Pot, eliminate ( or short -out ) W1.    The wiper arm (to the pot's resistive coil ) physical interface  generates a sound-degrading diode effect, occurring at the lowest signal level in the whole amp. 

 

Also, eliminate  ( or short-out ) R101 and R201, not needed , and if it was needed ........those stock resistors' parts quality is not good enough when operating in a series position as it is.  

 

There are other very EASY upgrades one can do.   Not particularly costly either.  Low hanging fruit.  I like two stage SE amps. 

 

Jeff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...