Are you suffering from any extra clarity???

Coytee

This has been the most strange spring/early summer.  Yes, I suppose it's related to Covid....furthermore, I'm wondering in the back of my head of the "Climate Changers" are on to something.

Usually, in the fall, when I go outside later in the day, the sunlight appears more "crisp".  Not sure  how to phrase it.  But like with our speakers, it's like a veil has been lifted.  Usually I notice it once/twice and life moves on....

I notice this clarity darn near every single day, especially if the sun is shining.  The more blue the sky's, the more pronounced it is.  Wife made a comment several times about "that big star that's as big as a plate"  (North Star which we all know isn't as large as a plate)  Anyway, the sky's at night are clear but what really strikes me is how clear it is during the day.  This national shutdown that we went through really did seem to clean things up here.

Just last night on the news, they spoke to a gal who's in Hawaii (mayor??)  She said the lack of travel they've had to the islands has cleaned up the islands, water surrounding...  so it seems it's not just here that I'm noticing it.

It's a very good thing to see.  I try to appreciate it every day.

I have lived all along the northern shores of Lake Ontario for most of my life. 

It is common to see the smokestacks of factories or generating stations across the lake in New York on clear day. Nothing is visible most days.

In the last couple months I have actually seen the buildings and the land they are on. Never before.

I have also seen wind turbines almost 60 miles away to the west on my drive home from the city. Never before.

And there is no doubt the stars are more visible at night.

Makes a strong case for electric vehicles, recharged by power from coal-fired generating stations... NOT!

• Moderators
20 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I miss looking at the Bananarama video of the song.

Me to but not the video, Bananarama in West Bay Roatan Honduras.

Nice place, great beaches, great snorkeling and a cool little bar 20' from the beach and plenty of nice people.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Buck115 said:

Don't worry, the Sahara dust will be in your area soon, so clarity will be replaced by hazy! 😲

Differently been here for days, will be glad when it's gone.

• Like 2