Help with speaker ID.

Gary1010

Hi everyone,

I need some help identifying Klipsch speakers that I found when I was cleaning up my son's apartment recently, just after he passed away.  They appear to be Heresey.  I am not sure.  There was no identifying sticker on the back of each speaker.  Dimensions are:

Height:  21.50"

Width:  15.25"

Depth:  13.25"

S/N62S393 & S/N62S366

It has a 10" Woofer

It has a 9" Mid range

It has a 4.25" Tweeter

I am sorry, but I do not have any photos to upload.

Thank your for your help, I appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Gary1010 said:

Hi everyone,

I need some help identifying Klipsch speakers that I found when I was cleaning up my son's apartment recently, just after he passed away.  They appear to be Heresey.  I am not sure.  There was no identifying sticker on the back of each speaker.  Dimensions are:

Height:  21.50"

Width:  15.25"

Depth:  13.25"

S/N62S393 & S/N62S366

It has a 10" Woofer

It has a 9" Mid range

It has a 4.25" Tweeter

I am sorry, but I do not have any photos to upload.

Thank your for your help, I appreciate it.

Heresy is a 12 inch woofer -   

16 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

Heresy is a 12 inch woofer -   

My Heresy I's woofer is mounted from the rear, behind a 10 5/8" diameter cutout. My Heresy II woofer is mounted from the front. The OP probably didn't unscrew the back of the cabinets to get the woofers off so that he could measure them, which likely accounts for his reporting them as 10".

Just now, Davecv41 said:

My Heresy I's woofer is mounted from the rear, behind a 10 5/8" diameter cutout. My Heresy II woofer is mounted from the front. The OP probably didn't unscrew the back of the cabinets to get the woofers off so that he could measure them, which likely accounts for his reporting them as 10".

it's a Heresy , he's going to be floored by the sound ----

• Like 1

Thanks all for your replies and your condolences on the loss of my son.  I found some pictures of vintage heresys in e-bay and they look the same.  I discovered these speakers and he did not tell me that he had purchase them.  Wow! What a wonderful surprise.  I made me warm and teary all over.  I have been a klipsch head since 1994.  He always liked the great sound that they produced.  It made me proud that he followed me into getting some great speakers.

Thanks again for your expressions.  I certainly appreciate it.

Gary1010

• Like 2

@Gary1010,

Welcome to the forum and really sorry about your son.

3 hours ago, Gary1010 said:

I discovered these speakers and he did not tell me that he had purchase them.  Wow! What a wonderful surprise.  I made me warm and teary all over.  I have been a klipsch head since 1994.  He always liked the great sound that they produced.  It made me proud that he followed me into getting some great speakers.

Like father like son.:emotion-21:

Bill