Used Heresy For. $375

MacWorks

11 minutes ago, willland said:

How do you like it.  I have owned mine for about 8.5 years and it has been rock solid.

Bill

I  bought it from the alert section you posted  a few years back. 500.00 and picked up the 4 matching surrounds for 350.00 from the same person. Found the matching center on Ebay for 100.00 shipped, a little  beat up but they fixed up nicely.

The b15 amp started giving me troubles about 8 months ago so I am  running it with an old hafler amp. Nice sub but I have to decide if I want get old amp fixed or buy a stand alone sub amp. I am thinking maybe mini dsp hd?

Thanks for the alert I do like the sub!

1 hour ago, Lbk said:

The b15 amp started giving me troubles about 8 months ago

Sorry to hear that.

1 hour ago, Lbk said:

Nice sub but I have to decide if I want get old amp fixed or buy a stand alone sub amp. I am thinking maybe mini dsp hd?

IMO, the overbuilt driver and beastly solid cabinet are definitely worth saving.

Bill

12 hours ago, willland said:

Sorry to hear that.

IMO, the overbuilt driver and beastly solid cabinet are definitely worth saving.

Bill

Yes definitely and a space saver, but  I am not sure I want to spend money on an amp that is over 15 years. With today's tech. I think there are better, cheaper solutions.

Still sounds good running off my avr old hafler amp and still have some sub adjustment.

• 1 month later...

I recommend just listening to your new-to-you speakers, for a few months at least.  Get used to their sound before making any changes.  That way, you’ll be able to see if any changes you make in the future are actually improvements, or just changes.

BTW, if your Heresy IIs are post-1985 models, with the square input pocket, they can be fitted with Heresy III kits, available from Klipsch.  I have two pairs of H-2s, and updated one speaker with the kit, to make it a better centre speaker between a pair of La Scalas. That’s a very worthwhile change, one that I was really happy with.  I would recommend that over any partial change, since the kit is complete, including new woofers, squawkers, and tweeters, plus a new crossover and input pocket.  It’s a factory upgrade, and it increases the clarity and bass response, lowers the bass limit, and increases the speaker’s sensitivity by 2 dB.  It becomes a Heresy III.

Welcome to the Forum, and happy listening!

Ps.  The Heresy I had issues with air leaks around the back, which compromised the bass response.  It can be effectively sealed, but when Klipsch made the Heresy II, they permanently attached the rear panel, so that air leakage could never be a problem.  Everything is installed through the front panel, the motor board.  The woofer hole is plenty big enough to allow easy access to the interior of the speaker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1