The Fives Have Arrived! Video, Audio Demo and Photos

Youthman

• Moderators

Hope you guys are doing well. I thought I would start your week off by sharing a few photos of The Fives.

Beautiful attention to detail in the design from the stamped metal Klipsch logo, real wood veneer, textured woven grill cloth, brushed metal rodary dials with tactile response and even down to the Indianapolis sketch on the back. 

Here is an unboxing, overview & several audio demos as well.

I also updated the photos below with much higher quality images.

Michael Buratto from Klipsch did an awesome seminar on The Fives at The HiFi Summit. Check out the video here:

Excited to get these setup to hear how they sound! I’ll provide an update once I have some time with them.

Klipsch The Fives - 8.jpg

Klipsch The Fives - 7.jpg

Klipsch The Fives - 6.jpg

Klipsch The Fives - 5.jpg

Klipsch The Fives - 4.jpg

Klipsch The Fives - 3.jpg

Klipsch The Fives - 2.jpg

Klipsch The Fives - 1.jpg

Measure.jpg

Klipsch The Fives - 9.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Not a fan of the knobs on top.  They look out of place on a "Heritage" influenced loud speaker.

I agree.  I like symmetry and one with and one without looks unbalanced.  No reason not to place them on the rear of the active speaker. 

They do look nice though.

Bill

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

I believe the concept is to combine the heritage tradition, with a modern look and functionality

That's always been the concept with "Heritage inspired" speakers.  Old looks with new features similar to what Harley Davidson does.  Hopefully these will have reliable amps and perform glitch free.

• Like 1

I remember watching the live YouTube channel about them, she ( I forgot her name ) talked about the why’s how the knobs being on top and what they don’t have a Cooper color cone. She stated that these are not apart of the Reference line. And that the knobs are all metal and they placed them there for people that only wanted to use them with a turntable
She also dropped the bomb about Klipsch coming out with a new beast of a sub to complete with the larger svs subs. Now that’s what I’m waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm sure they sound great for their size, but I just see it as another Klipsch powered product, that when it fails -- you will be stuck with no service or support. At least, that is the history with this kind of stuff. Once you are out of the warranty period, good luck.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Deang said:

I'm sure they sound great for their size, but I just see it as another Klipsch powered product, that when it fails -- you will be stuck with no service or support. At least, that is the history with this kind of stuff. Once you are out of the warranty period, good luck.

I was trying not to be Debbie downer and mention that but since you did I have to agree 100%.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I remember watching the live YouTube channel about them, she ( I forgot her name ) talked about the why’s how the knobs being on top and what they don’t have a Cooper color cone. She stated that these are not apart of the Reference line. And that the knobs are all metal and they placed them there for people that only wanted to use them with a turntable
She also dropped the bomb about Klipsch coming out with a new beast of a sub to complete with the larger svs subs. Now that’s what I’m waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, babadono said:

Tweeters on the Jubes look pretty big also....just sayin':)

Technically they are MIDRANGES with an extended top end that doesn't NEED a tweeter for the last Octave, but your point remains relevant. But at least the WOOFER is not smaller than what used to be called a "midrange size" direct radiator driver like this new "TOY."

21 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Those subs ALREADY exist in the Theater Line!!!

They're not powered and they're ugly. Most people don't want that stuff in their living rooms

Klipsch should have SVS build their subs, and then re-brand them -- at least have them supply the plate amps -- which last FOREVER.

• Like 1