No sound from bass bin on Khorn

Srinath

The woofer is moving, so I know its not stuck, and has nice surround.

The bass bin XO section looks clean, fuses are not blown, no connections seem broken and nothing looks like magic smoke has escaped, in fact the bin smells like fresh cut wood - though worth a check with a meter.

Anyone Had a bass section just stop working ?

Worse yet - The spade connectors to the woofer are soldered on. Is that standard ? Did someone get in and screw up something.

ok so like Davecv41 and  CECAA850 Suggested , the crossover is at the rear of the khorn right under the K55V ---------look at the crossover --locate the WOOFER   wires , unscrew both wires , and connect to the ohmmeter leads  , they should give you a resistance ---------by selecting OHMS  , if the woofer is damaged the reading will be under the nominal rating

Vintage KLIPSCH La Scala Crossover Type AA. | #153246317

Anyone have a XO schematic for the one on the back side of the panel.

I have 2 large caps and 1 inductor - no markings that I can see, and No way to take it off and examine it cos there's too little wire. All the ones I am seeing has only the inductor shown. Its a 86 with AK2 XO in the hat.

I also found a wire from the woofer terminal to the VC hit the woofer frame but it was only 1 of the leads not both. Seems to be not have had a spark or any arcing though I am putting electrical tape on the woofer at that spot.

I ran the amp straight to the woofer. No sound. I'll likely desolder the woofer and ohm check it - but likely its blown.

Is it a speaker that can have a VC replaced ? Is that the better option - I'd like to keep it original. Mainly because it also has to match the other one - which means - well I could buy a matched pair.

A minor point: You only need to disconnect ONE woofer lead from the crossover to measure the resistance. Done this way, you won't accidentally re-wire the woofer out of phase with the other woofer.

Also, you could put a voltmeter, set to AC Volts, onto the screw terminals going to the woofer. As you play music you should see the number bounce around. As you increase the volume, your meter reading should increase. If you're not sure what looks like a properly operating crossover, compare the suspect speaker to the working one.