Klipsch Binding Posts Issue

I am considering getting a pair of Klipsch 5000f speakers but according to an owner of these who posted a review on Crutchfield he said they could not be connected with banana plugs as the binding posts do not provide for that.Or,could it be that the caps on the rear binding posts need to be simply peeled off to allow for banana plug connections?If so,is there room enough for average size banana plugs or is a smaller pair needed?Similar question for speaker cable thickness.

@milwaukeebill,

Welcome to the forum.

26 minutes ago, milwaukeebill said:

I am considering getting a pair of Klipsch 5000f speakers but according to an owner of these who posted a review on Crutchfield he said they could not be connected with banana plugs as the binding posts do not provide for that.Or,could it be that the caps on the rear binding posts need to be simply peeled off to allow for banana plug connections?

I'll bet the little caps just need to be popped out.  Not 100% certain but pretty sure.

About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-5000F

5-way binding post speaker terminals

RP-8000F air flow from the rear port

Bill

9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The caps can normally be popped out of the center of the terminals but are usually pretty stubborn.

EDIT, I just found a picture, they'll come out and accept banana plugs.

second that --------but keep the caps in case you want to recap them later -