Jump to content

MINT Klipsch HIP's - SOLD


rockhound
 Share

Recommended Posts

I searched a long time to find these HIP's in this condition. They are some of the nicest ones you will find and they sound phenomenal for their size. This is the only pic I could find of them currently. I'm currently not home but can post more next week. As with all Klipsch items I buy what I paid is what I will sell them for 500.00 for these beauties. I will entertain shipping them them but I would much rather hand these off in person. I frequently travel to the New Orleans area and will be in the Nashville TN area mid July if anyone East would like these.

 

 

Klipsch_HIP1.thumb.jpg.e48b2f2b4cade21878d8ec0cc79fd06d.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I went pretty with the last pair I built.

sh1.thumb.jpg.e4bd77d2460cd748c3108d73e63ea89f.jpg

 

Going Industrial with your old trim this time. Funny how these things go in circles.

I have four Industrial LS and think this single HIP will fit in well with the rest of the crowd.

Maybe be a center channel, who knows. I never get around to Home Theatre.

Just having a little clean fun. Great hobby.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Yeah, I went pretty with the last pair I built.

What material is on that back wall?  I have a sun room that I'll eventually get around to remodeling and something like that would look nice in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

What material is on that back wall?  I have a sun room that I'll eventually get around to remodeling and something like that would look nice in there.

Long story shortened: I knew there was a glass block window there cuz i could see it from the outside of the house (2nd story) I tore down a wall to get to it only to find another wall. Tore that one down too (hoped to find burred treasure but there was none) thought there would be a brick wall but it had been plastered over and looked like sh*t, so regrouped. Rebuilt the wall - studs, insulation then plywood painted black. Bought some Alder boards 1" thick (+/-) ripped them different widths and stained them 3 different stain colors (some twice some three times) to get various complementary colors. Alternated the widths and colors. Turned out cool.

 

wall.thumb.jpg.cec0b10ca25628cc80623d4ce142857b.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Long story shortened: I knew there was a glass block window there cuz i could see it from the outside of the house (2nd story) I tore down a wall to get to it only to find another wall. Tore that one down too (hoped to find burred treasure but there was none) thought there would be a brick wall but it had been plastered over and looked like sh*t, so regrouped. Rebuilt the wall - studs, insulation then plywood painted black. Bought some Alder boards 1" thick (+/-) ripped them different widths and stained them 3 different stain colors (some twice some three times) to get various complementary colors. Alternated the widths and colors. Turned out cool.

 

wall.thumb.jpg.cec0b10ca25628cc80623d4ce142857b.jpg

 

 

Very cool and original.  I can build/fix just about anything but am incredibly un-creative.  I would have never thought to do that.  Alder is fairly inexpensive as well I believe.  I like how you incorporated it into the speaker stands as well.  That's something else that I never would have thought to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...