NOS K33E woofer vs crites woofers

Srinath

On 7/1/2020 at 1:29 PM, Srinath said:

So Crites woofers (Believe they are eminence - American made - I like that) - as we all know $360 for a pair

That is the eBay price.  Why would you want to  spend that much for the woofers?  Talk to me about them.

While we are here, yes, Eminence makes my woofers for me.  They are made to the spec of the K-33 made before 1986.

Bob Crites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

last I heard   , KLIPSCH sells the  ORIGINAL K33E  to klipsch owners at very low prices   ----------and the k33 is the true McCoy ---call klipsch parts first , get a quotation , you may be happily surprised  at the price of Factory Replacement Parts for klipsch owners ---

Will do tomorrow. Nothing like a Klipsch receipt hanging on the wall for someone like me who's been dragging stuff out of smelly goodwills for decades. LOL. A fresh crisp speaker and receipt will be put on the wall LOL.

I have also been wondering if those NOS like speaker exchange etc are selling stuff they may have stockpiled 20 yrs ago. Some stuff ages just sitting, and in fact some of that type of aging (like ferrofluid dry out) is worse when sitting.

18 minutes ago, BEC said:

That is the eBay price.  Why would you want to  spend that much for the woofers?  Talk to me about them.

While we are here, yes, Eminence makes my woofers for me.  They are made to the spec of the K-33 made before 1986.

Bob Crites.

Cool. I've got 8611 date code (11th week of 86 in my Khorns) I'll call you tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Srinath said:

Will do tomorrow. Nothing like a Klipsch receipt hanging on the wall

-Good luck  with  your purchase   ,  klipsch or Bob Crites are your best bet -   both have new fresh  inventory  , I see Bob Crites replied to your post already   -

8 hours ago, Edgar said:

No, I was too lazy to label them. From top to bottom at 50 Hz, they are: CW1526, K33E, CW1526C, Kappa 15C.

Was “at 50 Hz” always there, or added by an edit?  If the former, my apologies, and I need a new pair of Warby Parkers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Was “at 50 Hz” always there, or added by an edit?  If the former, my apologies, and I need a new pair of Warby Parkers.

It was always there; I did not edit. No worries -- I've missed my own share of plainly visible things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1