Yamaha A S2200

Buddy Shagmore

14 hours ago, Munc said:

I have had the a-s1200 for a couple of weeks. Got it on Amazon, had to wait a couple of months but they had it for $1,560 new so I couldn't pass on it. Sounds great with my Technics 1500C, E-30 DAC and La Scala 2's.

Wow -------1560$  great deal for sure , was it used ? ---------these A-S1200 are closer to 2800$ -----

• Like 1

Sorry, $1590.63. New, sold by Amazon, and $58 for the 3 year extended warranty
as1200.thumb.jpg.e57b54251524fb6ef7c4dc428ce97454.jpg

My friend got this deal
and alerted me and a couple forums he's on. He loves it. I passed. I run Yamaha M series, but have other updates in my plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Munc said:

I have had the a-s1200 for a couple of weeks. Got it on Amazon, had to wait a couple of months but they had it for $1,560 new so I couldn't pass on it. Sounds great with my Technics 1500C, E-30 DAC and La Scala 2's.

I have to assume the A-S1200 is awesome paired with La Scala II’s. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2020 at 7:43 AM, pringlere said:

Randy,

I was able to get the A-S2200 for $3100, so no complaints from me.  I got the ForteIIIs for $2600.  I am happy as a clam in mud.  Thanks

Rob

congrats , you're set for quite a long time

• 2 weeks later...

if you’ve seen this review on YouTube would you say it’s accurate?

This guy is not technical, just his seat of the pants reaction. 
He is a fan of H IVs and used them to demo the amp. I have The H IVs also and wonder if his experience is close to what owners of this amp or the 2200 have experienced?

F79791DD-9954-4FA9-A487-DC2CCD0BEC7A.jpeg

I've had a Yamaha A-S1000 for 6-7 years now, bought it used. Even though I've replaced it in the audio rack I won't sell it. It is not going to fetch a lot of $$$'s on the used market, and IMO it will outlast the tube integrated that I'm using now for 2 channel. I'm sure my son will enjoy this amp and Salk speakers long after I've checked out. Some things are more difficult to let go of than other things.

Internally I think it's the same amp as the S1100/1200/S2000/S2100/S2200, but not positive about that. I think the S3xxx series has more power and slightly different internals. It has a great sounding phono section, probably one of the best I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of gear over the years. I'm 73yo, started out in this hobby at 18yo when I bought a brand new Sansui 500a tube receiver. Been hooked on good sounds ever since, and I still have decent hearing to enjoy the sounds.

I watched that video of Andrew Robinson, his points about the A-S1200 could be said of the A-S1000 as well. I've read some reviews where the reviewer tend not to like the highs in these amps, finding them too bright. I find the highs to be nearly perfect, and especially with a great tweeter, which my Salk speaker have IMO, the Hiquphon OW2, made in Denmark. The name makes it sound as if it's a Chinese brand.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, knucklehead said:

I've had a Yamaha A-S1000 for 6-7 years now, bought it used. Even though I've replaced it in the audio rack I won't sell it.

Love mine and it is still in place when I first bought it.

5 hours ago, knucklehead said:

Some things are more difficult to let go of than other things.

Very true.

5 hours ago, knucklehead said:

Internally I think it's the same amp as the S1100/1200/S2000/S2100/S2200, but not positive about that.

It's not the same, more off the shelf parts than the other ones but still a rock solid build.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...