Yamaha A S2200

Buddy Shagmore

• 6 months later...

Maybe in another route but recently i bought Rotel ra-1592 i pair with cornwall iv and klipsch rf-7111 and i return it back it was a disaster the way it sounds had to increase the volume to 65 no bass no treble that waht i wasnt expecting for $3000,now should yamaha a-s1200 be the king for this speakers/The rotel was mo match at all any advice

thks

3 minutes ago, rican1965 said:

Maybe in another route but recently i bought Rotel ra-1592 i pair with cornwall iv and klipsch rf-7111 and i return it back it was a disaster the way it sounds had to increase the volume to 65 no bass no treble that waht i wasnt expecting for $3000,now should yamaha a-s1200 be the king for this speakers/The rotel was mo match at all any advice

thks

I use a Yamaha RX-A2060 AVR as a preamp with my modded La Scala IIs.  At first, it was used as the sole power source, and the sound was good, but then I added an MX-D1 power amplifier, using the 2060 strictly as a pre-amp, and the sound was greatly improved, both in terms of clarity and power.  Later, I got a second MX-D1 and bi-amped the speakers, using an Electro/Voice Dx38 digital processor as an active crossover.  The sound improved even more, and I"m listening to them as I type this.

Yamaha electronics go well with Klipsch speakers, but the better the Yamaha, the better the sound, of course.

45 minutes ago, rican1965 said:

thks

the Rotel is 200wpc-----the Yamaha A-S-1200--- 90 wpc ,- can it exploit the full capabilities of  the CW IV   NO,-, but -it will sound good at moderate sound levels ,

33 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

the Rotel is 200wpc-----the Yamaha A-S-1200--- 90 wpc ,- can it exploit the full capabilities of  the CW IV   NO,-, but -it will sound good at moderate sound levels ,

I’m curious how either the Rotel or the Yama at 200wpc and 90wpc respectively cannot exploit the full capabilities of a CWiv with 102db sensitivity and max power handling of 100 watts? Other than comparing these “off the shelf” amps with more esoteric lines such as Pass Labs, Mcintosh, etc. where will they fall short driving a Cornwall? And at what pressure levels as the CW is rated @119 db max spl. 

1 hour ago, richieb said:

I’m curious how either the Rotel or the Yama at 200wpc and 90wpc respectively cannot exploit the full capabilities of a CWiv with 101 db sensitivity and max power handling of 100 watts? Other than comparing these “off the shelf” amps with more esoteric lines such as Pass Labs, Mcintosh, etc. where will they fall short driving a Cornwall? And at what pressure levels as the CW is rated @119 db max spl. 

the CW IV is 100 watts/ 400 watts peak --- the speaker can handle  an amplifier up to  400 watts

Believe me that these Yamaha integrated amps are pretty darn potent even though spec'd at mimimum 90w/150w.  They all test at minimum 110w/170w all day long.  They will have an easy time with Cornwalls.  Your ears will give out before the Yamaha even breaks a sweat.

A-S1200 test

8 Ω (2 x 110 W), 4 Ω (2 x 172 W)

A-S1100 test

8 Ω (2 x 110W), 4 Ω (2 x 193 W)

Above tests from different publications so measuring methods may explain the higher 4 ohms test for the A-S1100.

Bill

• Like 1

15 hours ago, willland said:

Believe me that these Yamaha integrated amps are pretty darn potent even though spec'd at mimimum 90w/150w.  They all test at minimum 110w/170w all day long.  They will have an easy time with Cornwalls.  Your ears will give out before the Yamaha even breaks a sweat.

A-S1200 test

8 Ω (2 x 110 W), 4 Ω (2 x 172 W)

A-S1100 test

8 Ω (2 x 110W), 4 Ω (2 x 193 W)

Above tests from different publications so measuring methods may explain the higher 4 ohms test for the A-S1100.

Bill

Bill ,fantastic info  -----where did you find these tests