New Forte' III paired with Quicksilver Mono 60 tube amps ???

decooney

To:  Members with Quicksilver amps and new versions of Klipsch Classic speakers, please chime in to help a friend:  

This audio friend is a few states away, and he recently bought RP-600Ms to play with (in the mean time).  Says they are too forward and a bit too edgy on either of his QS tube amps or spare (laid back) Adcom mosfet solid state amp too - even with a nice tube DAC. We all hear differently, but kinda surprised.  I'm a QS amp owner myself, and they are not edgy sounding amps (not at all) even with prior unmodified Klipsch RP speakers I've tried myself. Trying to get this friend to look closer again at the NEW Forte IIIs. I build my own custom speakers myself, and almost tempted to go grab a pair of Forte IIIs myself just to prove it in any case.  You could save some time, $, effort with your replies. 

Issue:  

He's thinking the new Forte III will be forward and edgy with a similar sound as the RP-600Ms.   I know folks here can share opposing thoughts with experience, and maybe some with QS amps. . 

• I referred him to videos and links to try and help explain the new Classic Series Forte III speakers are totally different speakers, revised, SMOOTHER now... 

He's using:

Quicksilver Line Stage TUBE Preamplifier and Quicksilver Mono 60 TUBE amplifiers. Currently equipped with stock JJ KT88 output tubes

BUT, with quality small vintage input/driver tubes to tame it down.  It's close to "tubey" smooth as it gets for relatively stock amps.   

Target: 

His budget is right at $4k, the price of the new Forte IIIs.  Sure would be bummed for him to overlook these new Forte III speakers without consulting with Klipsch subject matter experts here on this forum first. 

Thanks in advance... Knowledge or advice anyone?

Edited by decooney
title

there is a pair of Chorus  2 for sale  here --------1k$  , these are awesome speakers ----------not sure where the seller or you are located -------

Choros II for sale

By Boatbuilder, 11 hours ago in Garage Sale

Rate this topi

Boatbuilder

Posted 11 hours ago

Hello All

I have a set of Choros II for sale.  I am the original owner.  I purchased them around 1994/5  They are original and no parts have been changed.  There are a few cosmetic flaws in the cabinets.  Pictures provided on request.  I am in Nags Head NC.  I am asking $1,000.00  Cash,  No trades.  I could drive a reasonable distance (2 Hrs) to meet if payment is worked out in advance.  Send me an email at; skiffmannc@yahoo.com for pictures and questions.  Thank you for your interest.  Happy July 4!!!