finally coming together, again

Matthews

22 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Glad you still have them. I knew you had gone the CF3 & 4 route and was afraid these would have to move on again. Hope they work out in your office. I would definitely do a cross over refresh first and go from there. It is time.They aren't any fun to get out of that cabinet though. Good luck. 

I've been lucky enough to keep them around, even after picking up many more speakers since then.  Time to start shopping for crossovers I think.  What my options these days?  Crites, Deang, and DIY I guess?

18 hours ago, Matthews said:

Shoot Shaun, I completely forgot that I had bought them back from the 1st fella.  Damn mind is slipping LOL.  Glad you still have them! 

Oh, this I didn't know about.  You sold them once after they were rebuilt, and then I was the second buyer?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

I've been lucky enough to keep them around, even after picking up many more speakers since then.  Time to start shopping for crossovers I think.  What my options these days?  Crites, Deang, and DIY I guess?

Haven't heard to much on the rebuild of these. I know Bob has a replacement set.

If I remember correctly, these are stack built on the input cup. I am not sure how easy this is to recap or if replace is a better option.

Call Bob, he can steer you in the right direction.

Dean is not currently making cross overs, I think. You can check with him too.

Good luck

On 7/3/2020 at 7:36 PM, Matthews said:

After a little tuning, the 1st song I listened to was Southern Cross by Crosby Stills & Nash.  The hair stood on the back of my neck as I was swept away in the pure warmth and thunder of me new 2-channel rig 🥰

It's TWO amplifiers on the same chassis. Otherwise you'd be listening to MONO on a Bi-Phonic pair of speakers of a certain distance apart, not Stereo. LOL.

5 hours ago, Shaun K said:

Time to start shopping for crossovers I think.  What my options these days?  Crites, Deang, and DIY I guess?

Just new Capacitors and a pair of DaveA's sMAHL 2.0 tweeters would be my very first thing to do.

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Glad you found "it" @Matthews

this is about the tenth time he has found "it"! He keeps wandering away from the previous "it"!

LS is the speaker for him and he knows it (again)

Good news is, the country is covered with his previous projects that would breathe new life into old neglected speakers.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

this is about the tenth time he has found "it"! He keeps wandering away from the previous "it"!

LS is the speaker for him and he knows it (again)

Good news is, the country is covered with his previous projects that would breathe new life into old neglected speakers.

Until he here's Jubes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Haven't heard to much on the rebuild of these. I know Bob has a replacement set.

If I remember correctly, these are stack built on the input cup. I am not sure how easy this is to recap or if replace is a better option.

Call Bob, he can steer you in the right direction.

Dean is not currently making cross overs, I think. You can check with him too.

Good luck

I'll call Bob, but last time he yelled at me so I'll tread lightly :).  I thought I saw Dean posting recently, so I'll at least ask him if he's available before I make a decision.

5 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Just new Capacitors and a pair of DaveA's sMAHL 2.0 tweeters would be my very first thing to do.

What are these DaveA tweeters you speak of?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaun K said:

I'll call Bob, but last time he yelled at me so I'll tread lightly :).  I thought I saw Dean posting recently, so I'll at least ask him if he's available before I make a decision.

What are these DaveA tweeters you speak of?

PM me

• Like 1