finally coming together, again

Matthews

WooHoo 🥳

well things are beginning to come back together.  So nice to have a pair of Scala's in my life again.  Had certainly forgot what was missing.  Dancing circles around 'em ol RF-7's LOL

A huge Thank You to our very special friend out of StL, @MookieStl!  Sir Mookie helped me score a very nice, pristine condition vintage Onkyo TX-SV90PRO.  Paired with the Scala's, I am at a loss for words...

Grateful & Blessed

2chan.jpg

Oinky.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

After a little tuning, the 1st song I listened to was Southern Cross by Crosby Stills & Nash.  The hair stood on the back of my neck as I was swept away in the pure warmth and thunder of me new 2-channel rig 🥰

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Matthews said:

After a little tuning, the 1st song I listened to was Southern Cross by Crosby Stills & Nash.  The hair stood on the back of my neck as I was swept away in the pure warmth and thunder of me new 2-channel rig 🥰

that´s the way it should be ! happy-weekend-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matthews said:

, @MookieStl!  Sir Mookie helped me score a very nice, pristine condition vintage Onkyo TX-SV90PRO.  Paired with the Scala's, I am at a loss for words...

Grateful & Blessed

we all love Mookie ---------Congrats on the Scala's

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Looks nice, congrats.

Now please feed them something other than that Onkyo......

Shakey

it's putting out 110 watts per Channel ,   40 lbs ------was 1500-2k$ brand new   that's very decent for 1 pair of Lascala

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matthews said:

these?  They were fun!  Another one of 'em pairs that got away 🥴

... @MookieStl had his hand in these too

chor1 (Medium).jpg

Are those the ones @Shaun K has now?  If so, I saw them when I bought my Heresys from him.  Didn't get a chance to listen to them but they sure looked nice. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

it's putting out 110 watts per Channel ,   40 lbs ------was 1500-2k$ brand new   that's very decent for 1 pair of Lascala

Well I don’t equate sound quality with wpc or how much something weighs. I e heard those onkyos so that’s what I go with. 

7 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Are those the ones @Shaun K has now?  If so, I saw them when I bought my Heresys from him.  Didn't get a chance to listen to them but they sure looked nice.

not sure who has them now, Wuz.  I do know the fella that bought them from me had them for sale.  They are power hungry monsters!  The custom porting made 'em babies really dig.  Fun speakers.

fab4.jpg

13 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Yep, that was me...as evidenced here: 

I've never put them up for sale though, they're still here in my basement waiting to go into my office once the construction is done.  I think they need a crossover refresh and maybe some new diaphragms, because (and don't hate me) I've never liked the way they sound.  I've tried all kinds of amps but they haven't measured up to my CF-3's and CF-4's.  I'm not giving up though, they look amazing thanks to the work that you and MookieStl put into them.  The build for them is documented here, if anyone is interested: 

• Like 4

Glad you still have them. I knew you had gone the CF3 & 4 route and was afraid these would have to move on again. Hope they work out in your office. I would definitely do a cross over refresh first and go from there. It is time.They aren't any fun to get out of that cabinet though. Good luck. 

• Like 1