Cornwall, cabinet mod for base

VDS

3 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

NO , the kappa 15C is not the best woofer for BASS  you have to read the link I posted here , the -Eminence Neodymium Series IS THE BEST -Claude worked on this concept for quite a while and his Super Cornwall is a Cornwall 1  with more BASS which is exactly what you want to do -

and yes , you have to buy an 4Ohms woofer , all Cornwall woofers are 4Ohms ----------8Ohms will not do -------your current woofer K33 is a  4Ohms  Woofer -------be careful with this or you will have problems --

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/178701-super-cornwall-10/&tab=comments#comment-2296381

I will read the link...thanks for the 4 ohm info!  I’ll let you know if I have questions after reading tonight

11 minutes ago, VDS said:

I will read the link...thanks for the 4 ohm info!  I’ll let you know if I have questions after reading tonight

no worries , if you have questions PM ClaudeJ1-----------he created the Super Cornwall  /the  Super Heresy and the Cornscala  -the picture at the bottom shows a Super Cornwall  1 ------

ClaudeJ1

• Forum Ultra Veteran
  •  
  • ClaudeJ1
  • Heritage Members
  • 7640 posts

IMG_1935.JPG

I'd first try better room setup/placement (as Preston Tom suggests) of the boxes and your seating position. You may have succumb to a 'bass suck-out' point. Lots of stuff on room setup on Google, Cardas Room Setup or CNET -how to position your speakers; being some! It some times can be a jaw dropping experience by moving them a few inches, it can also be a painstaking exercise but definitely worth it.

all the best