Crossover question

I've got a new (to me) pair of speakers and was going to do a recap on.  I found the schematic on line and it has 4 caps per crossover.  3 of the cap values on my board agree with the cap values on the schematic.  The 4'th one does not.  The schematic shows a 26 and my board has a 24.  The boards appear to be stock.  I was wondering whether to go back with what I have or what the schematic shows?

http://mypicsonline.net/archive/archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Equalizers/EDS/XEQ-504A EDS.pdf

16 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I've got a new (to me) pair of speakers and was going to do a recap on.  I found the schematic on line and it has 4 caps per crossover.  3 of the cap values on my board agree with the cap values on the schematic.  The 4'th one does not.  The schematic shows a 26 and my board has a 24.  The boards appear to be stock.  I was wondering whether to go back with what I have or what the schematic shows?

http://mypicsonline.net/archive/archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Equalizers/EDS/XEQ-504A EDS.pdf

The difference will make a very slight change in the crossover curve.  Also depends on how the original measured.  There is always variance.

Look up Crossover Designer in Google and play with the 2 way values (text book but you will get the idea).

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

The water is warm.

Did you pee in the pool?

Thank you all for your responses.  Well, everyone but Richard:P.

Next question.  There are electrolytics in the woofer section.  Will I notice a difference with a different type cap?

• Like 1

Caps in the low pass can be electrolytics.

You have to go metallized for the the rest, you don't have any values you can buy film and foils for except the 3.5, and you would have to cheat it with a 3.3.

I still like the Daytons or Bennics for that kind of work.

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Caps in the low pass can be electrolytics.

You have to go metallized for the the rest, you don't have any values you can buy film and foils for except the 3.5, and you would have to cheat it with a 3.3.

I still like the Daytons or Bennics for that kind of work.

Thanks.  Never heard of Bennics.

25 minutes ago, Deang said:

Basically the same as the Daytons -- Madisound sells them.

Looks like I can do the whole board with Daytons and don't have to use electrolytic.  They didn't have the right values for the woofers.

21 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

cool device ,  a Crossover/Equaliser -----

Can someone look at the schematic and tell me what's happening at the "jumper" (circled points 3 and 5).  It looks as if they're paralleled but I don't understand why they call it a jumper as opposed to just wiring it normally.

5 minutes ago, Marvel said:

You are supposed to jumper either 3 OR 5 to terminal 4, depending on whether you are using an HP940 OR HP9040 horn. It's on the data sheet.

I think I get it Bruce, thanks.  My confusion was due to the fact that the jumper is on the input panel and not the "crossover" itself.  I'm just looking at the schematic and the crossover is at home.  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

You are supposed to jumper either 3 OR 5 to terminal 4, depending on whether you are using an HP940 OR HP9040 horn. It's on the data sheet.

Took me a couple minutes to catch that. Kept looking at the two FR graphs thinking what's the diff?...then ....oh 904 horn and 9040 horn. So which one you got @CECAA850 ?

On 7/6/2020 at 8:37 AM, CECAA850 said:

Did you pee in the pool?

Thank you all for your responses.  Well, everyone but Richard:P.

Next question.  There are electrolytics in the woofer section.  Will I notice a difference with a different type cap?

At least he earned you!

While I agree with Dean, if the electrolytics are parallel to the vwoofer, I don't use them.  They need to be "reformed" after the sit and become delinquent. 

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Took me a couple minutes to catch that. Kept looking at the two FR graphs thinking what's the diff?...then ....oh 904 horn and 9040 horn. So which one you got @CECAA850 ?

Not sure.  I suppose I can look at the crossover and see how it's wired if there isn't a stamp on the horn.