Night at a movie, cooking out and keeping safe distance

Coytee

Yeah, we done it again.

Grilled out some hamburgers, hotdogs, had various deserts ....

Watched the Heist with Gene Hackman.

You can sort of see my house in the background of at least one of the pictures....  so the field you see is sort of my front yard.

Oh, and had to use my brother in laws powered EV's and a sub for the sound.

11.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

Missing one thing, People, but they were probably waiting for that shade on the back right to move over the area.

Great looking yard, for a party, with your closest 2-3 K people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

Missing one thing, People, but they were probably waiting for that shade on the back right to move over the area.

no kidding , this piece of land would make a great golf course ,  all he needs is a few holes

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

Events started at 8:00.  I took the pictures around 4:00 as I was finishing.

I was utterly exhausted so, grabbed some chips & a Coke...sat a seat in center.  Put Moody Blues Days of Future Passed with an orchestra DVD and turned it up a bit.  Was nice just spending some time alone.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

no kidding , this piece of land would make a great golf course ,  all he needs is a few holes

With no disrespect to attorney's.... one of our local ambulance chasers used to have commercials.  He showed up at my Father in laws house (probably 20 years ago by now)  Had the Knox County Sheriff with him (we live in Loudon County).  Long story short, the Knox County Sheriff Dept wanted to buy the farm to establish a target range for them.  The story continued a bit...

I finally told my father in law after they'd left that what they told him was a utter load of hog-wash.  In fact, true hog-wash (do people really wash their hogs?) might be cleaner than this story...

1.  Why would Knox County want to buy land in a neighboring county for their Sherrif Dept to have a shooting range?

2.  Don't they already have an INDOOR range?  If not, wouldn't that be a lot less expensive than buying 250 acres?

3.  Why is this TV attorney with him?  Sleaze of sleaze

4.  Why would Knox County Sheriff Dept want to buy what is essentially lakefront land?  Probably many places to buy similar land for MUCH less

5.  What would the (wealthy) retirement community across the lake think of a firing range going in opposite of them?

No, this was lies lies and more lies.

time passed...then it happened.  Down the lake, someone bought it and was going to be a multi-zillion dollar development.  They wanted a golf course.  There is a lake cove between that development and our land (we're on a penninsula)  

They were wanting to buy the farm to develop it into their golf course.  Were using the guise of a firing range to make my father in law (elderly at the time) think he'd be supporting the local Sheriff (even though it's a neighboring county)

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that mess and lies are behind us now.  (father in law generation passed....now the property belongs to the next generation)

That said....  if you'd like to come out and knock some balls around, we can set something up.  Won't take me but an hour to dig as many holes as you wish.  To your benefit, I'd have to use my backhoe so the holes would be two feet wide!!  I'd expect to see several hole's in one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

They were wanting to buy the farm to develop it into their golf course.

- I appreciate your Kind  Hospitality   ------

-you saw right through their game ,  great thinking , you trusted your gut feeling ,

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:
2 hours ago, Coytee said:

Yeah, we done it again.

Grilled out some hamburgers, hotdogs, had various deserts

all dressed please

There's the small problem, he don't brag about it but there nudist.  :blink::ph34r2:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dtel said:

There's the small problem, he don't brag about it but there nudist.  :blink::ph34r2:

--I guess you only live life once , and you might as well enjoy it to the fullest - 

PS:  Made mention to the wife about the golf course.  She's been wanting to buy the back  half of the farm and create a wedding reception place.  The hill we're on is the highest in the county so when you're at the top, but for the trees, you have a commanding view up/down the lake.  Would make for a nice reception hall (or 5 star restaurant)

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Coytee said:

PS:  Made mention to the wife about the golf course.  She's been wanting to buy the back  half of the farm and create a wedding reception place.  The hill we're on is the highest in the county so when you're at the top, but for the trees, you have a commanding view up/down the lake.  Would make for a nice reception hall (or 5 star restaurant)

Not a bad idea at all, plenty space, no problem having a big parking area, the wedding idea would be MUCH easier than dealing with a restaurant, that's a full time job.

A wedding place with a big pavilion in case of rain, off to the side and a separate building where a catering unit could be set up since they make as much or more then the wedding space.

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

As long as the place was disinfected against the nudists....

What the heck if nudist want to have a wedding, for the right price i'm sure you could deal with it. $$$

The extra cost for that wedding would at least include pressure washing the chairs after people left. :huh::lol: