What do electrical engineers know that many audiophiles do not?

JefDC

Received an informative article written by Roy McCammon -  Electrical/Electronics Engineer

What do electrical engineers know that many audiophiles do not?

We filter out the best electrons (seven sigma at least) and take them home for our own audio systems. After they get worn out we bring them back the factory and swap them out for new ones. You get the worn out electrons. This is much easier with solid state electronics. That’s why tubes sound better.

A seven sigma electron is good for about 100 hours of use. That takes me several weeks. After 100 hours, it becomes a six sigma electron. We let management use those. We never told them that there was anything better. It takes 200 hours to become a five sigma electron 500 to become a four and so forth. Most people cannot tell the difference between a seven sigma electron and a four sigma electron, so we put four sigma electrons in most consumer audio. We round it out and say that those four sigma electrons will last about 1000 hours. So, don’t leave your solid state audio running when you are not listening to it.

But if you accidentally let your’s run down, you don’t have to replace the whole system. This is the one case where speaker wires really make a difference. We use ion implantation to fill those special speaker cables with seven sigma electrons, so that you can refill your system just by swapping out the speaker wires every 1000 hours or so. We use gold plating on the wires to keep the seven sigma electrons in and keep common environmental electrons out. Those are typically crass one sigma electrons. But, not all gold plated speaker wire is implanted with seven sigma electrons. You should always buy certified gold plated seven sigma speaker wire.

Look at this picture:

main-qimg-5a9fc03319090ef152cc28796c7441ec

Do you see that little notch in the end. That is an electron tunneling filter port that allows seven sigma electrons out and all lessor electrons in. Not every integrated circuit has a notch. Some of them have a dimple. Sometimes, the port is hard to see, but we know where to look.

Edit: A question came up about class A versus class B. With regard to ordinary consumer and audiophile gear (which is so far below my expectations) I have no comment, because it depends too much on other factors and emotions. But if you have access to a supply of seven plus sigma electrons, the situation is different.

As I explained, tubes sound better because we leave the seven sigma electrons in them. But the transistor amps I have at home sound better than tubes because I load them up with seven sigma (and even a few eight and nine sigma electrons). With so many seven plus sigma electrons, I get an inversion where there are more seven plus sigma electrons than there are six sigma electrons. If you then cool the transistors (dry ice temperature is cool enough) you can quantum entangle the electrons in two transistors, if the transistors start out identical enough and if they are used in an identical circuit. As it turns out, the entangled electrons are in anti-symmetry. When one is up the other is down. The transistors can be mode locked out of phase and such that they produce exactly complimentary outputs. This makes it possible to produce a perfect push-pull class B output stage.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

In a related article (that I cannot find anymore) they found a fundamental distance resonance phenomenon at intervals of 57 1/8twhere electrons (including those who are degraded to lower sigma electron levels) get a a boost of several levels but restricted to those locations.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JefDC said:

Do you see that little notch in the end. That is an electron tunneling filter port that allows seven sigma electrons out and all lessor electrons in. Not every integrated circuit has a notch. Some of them have a dimple. Sometimes, the port is hard to see, but we know where to look.

Seriously?

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2020 at 5:23 AM, Coytee said:

Me thinks we need to hook Mr. Medwin up with Mr. JefDC.

Imagine how much they could entertain each other.

:blink2:

I thought the same thing just before I saw your post. Now I worried, could I be getting more like you? 🥵

• Like 1