Klipsch kg5.5's have a rattle -- diagnostic help.

I recently purchased a pair of KG5.5's that sound great, but one of the speakers does have a rattle when loud bass is being played.

* I've noticed if I hold my hand firmly on the upper center of the back the rattle stops.

* Pushing the woofer in and out doesn't have any scratchy feel or noise.

The insides of the speaker cabinets look nice and clean. What could be going on here?

Edited by AnotherKlipschGuy

common problem with the KG & KLF series... its the glue holding the back board failing.  you can fix it by either removing the back board & cleaning the old glue then re glue it. 

or the easier way is to remove the woofers & lay on its back, cut out any old glue bead & scratch up the area with some 80 grit sandpaper.  then buy some gorilla glue & follow the instructions on the bottle.   i have repaired 5.5's & many other speakers & subs using GG & it works great without taking the speaker apart.  can buy it at most home stores or walmart for about $5. 

you can do a search on here too, there are many different threads about this issue.  

• Thanks 1