Klipschorn 1995 France

14 minutes ago, Rodolpk6 said:

Thank you for your advice, I have the skills and especially a friend cabinetmaker😁, but I will not opt for this solution

take pictures , they would help another member --

-closing the back is not purely cosmetic , it does also make for better sound f the job is done by your cabinet craftsman for less vibrations -now the Jubilee also has closed backs , and it does not alter the value , on the contrary as some khorns were closed off by the factory for an added cost  to stiffen the cabinet - and the look of closed back khorns is a bonus only a few can afford -

• 1 month later...

I went to pick up, the 1995 klipschorn with wood horn and medium BC DCM 50-8, tweeter DE 10-8 in Evian near the Swiss border, 7 hours drive from my home, after a very good meal at my vendor.
Loading the animals, heavier than the original they are covered with Matson, a very heavy sheet tar. 
Arrived at home, I closed the backs and repainted the back with 2 sheets of 20 MM filmed CP, the edges cut at 45 degrees and a piece of plywood in between.
All screwed on the outside. 
In the lower part a spacer to fix the cheek. 
The pictures will speak more. 
I am delighted with the result, especially with my rounded walls. 
Rodolphe

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 1

Hello Vincent 

That's Serge's compound. 

I'm testing them, but compared to the Belles, they go lower in the bass, despite the tweak on the Belles it's undeniable. 

This has transformed the system, the music is less directional, much more full-bodied, it comes out of the speakers less.

I put some pictures of repairing burst walnut veneer corners, repair made with tinted shellac, that we heat with a soldering iron, we fill the bumpy hole, hardened instantly, we cut it with a blade, light sanding, tinted oil, then waxed.