I saw a UFO on the 4th of July!

mr clean

I was at work at 09:10  at night and was on the top floor of the chemical plant I work at. I looked up and saw a dark shape that was shaped like a dog bone with two big orange lights on it one at each end. It flew right over my head maybe 1000 ft up and I lost sight of it in about 5 seconds, so I did not have time to take a pic. I ran thru the building and by the time I reached the other side It was gone. I was freaking and told the guys I work with what I saw. They seemed to believe me but without proof I was mad that I could not prove it. That was until a friend showed me a pic from Facebook. A friend of his mom took a pic of it and ask others what it was. I’m so happy someone else got a pic and I will try and post it in the next day or two. I’m at work now. I saw one in 1980 but had no proof. The guy that showed me the pic freaked when he saw it and showed me knowing It was exactly what I told him on the 4th. I’m pumped right now lol!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I and a co-worker saw one early in the morning in Grandview Missouri. I watched it all the way to work hoping he was there and saw it also. It was early 80s about 5-530 am. He was in parking lot said no sound at all. 

I also saw this huge skunk one morning of course no ne believed me till a co-worker saw it. He said sorry rick I believe you now that thing was huge. He agreed it was as tall as his car fender. lol. 

• Like 2

We tracked (and lost contact)  them in the Navy on a destroyer with the fire control radar and computed the speed to be over 1800 knots after being stationary in the air for a couple of minutes in 1961 off the coast of Mayport, Florida. Also saw them in the optics when tracking.

JJK

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wouldn't be surprised, I believe these stories, if it were ours or from somewhere else who knows. For one what the military does and has only comes out 20 years later, probably when there is something to replace it.  

Also it would be pretty arrogant of us to think were the smartest and most advanced thing in the universe. Also that would be really sad. All of the sighting over the last 100 years can't all be mistakes. 

A friend loves these kinds of stories and watches all the videos, he is really hoping to see something one day.

I always tell him it's all fun and games until the probing starts !

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, mr clean said:

I was at work at 09:10  at night and was on the top floor of the chemical plant I work at. I looked up and saw a dark shape that was shaped like a dog bone with two big orange lights on it one at each end. It flew right over my head maybe 1000 ft up and I lost sight of it in about 5 seconds,

I bet you it was a drone by the shape you are describing and the orange lights   , kids  flying  drones are  everywhere , these are fast and very silent  UFO don't use orange lights or any lights --plus 1000 feet is pretty much low for any flying object as you would have seen a massive shape at that distance -   and these drones are extremely quiet whereas a flying object would generate some wind /noise ---

2 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

I bet you it was a drone by the shape you are describing and the orange lights   , kids  flying  drones are  everywhere , these are fast and very silent  UFO don't use orange lights or any lights --plus 1000 feet is pretty much low for any flying object as you would have seen a massive shape at that distance -   and these drones are extremely quiet whereas a flying object would generate some wind /noise ---

Can they fly mach 2.5...

4 hours ago, JJkizak said:

We tracked (and lost contact)  them in the Navy on a destroyer with the fire control radar and computed the speed to be over 1800 knots after being stationary in the air for a couple of minutes in 1961 off the coast of Mayport, Florida. Also saw them in the optics when tracking.

JJK

must have been  A-12   or an M-21  ---------Skunk works  were flying experimental aircraft in Florida back in 61 ---------and these were the only know planes at the time who flew  at those speeds

5 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

must have been  A-12   or an M-21  ---------Skunk works  were flying experimental aircraft in Florida back in 61 ---------and these were the only know planes at the time who flew  at those speeds

Remember that it was stationary in the air for 5 minutes locked on by the radar. Around 25 miles away. The guys with the optics said it was a silver ball.

JJK

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

It was much bigger than a drone you can buy. I’ve had those fly over. This was much much larger.

• Like 2

The one I saw in 1980 was really strange. Me and my cousin was in his car after dropping some girls off at a place that had bands on Sunday night.. this thing was cigar shaped and I would guess 150 ft long. Silver with 6 windows along the side. It would hover at times but when it when it went fast! And stop just as fast. It was not that far away and all you could hear was a faint hum. It also had  a green marker light on one end and a red one on the other. I was not scared but I just could not believe what I was seeing. It kept going, and then stopping. Then it set for a bit then slowly change direction and take out again. Lasted for it seemed like about 5 minutes but it could have been longer or shorter than that, because I was in awe. It was 40 years ago but I still remember it pretty well. And think of it often still. I’m sure a lot of you doubt what I saw and I understand why. But I also know that if you would have been with me it would have been one of the top there things you ever saw.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

UFO don't use orange lights or any lights

That's funny, and how could you possibly know that,......................unless your one of them. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

here is drone - 2 orange lights -

This drone delivered a kidney. Researchers think it can ...

That’s not what I saw. These lights were much bigger , round and on both ends. Very smooth with nothing sticking out. The pics not very clear but I will attempt to post it on my days off starting tomorrow.

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Also it would be pretty arrogant of us to think were the smartest and most advanced thing in the universe

Do you think they know that the wiring in their ship must be precisely 7.45830572303487  flinks long?  (a flink is their unit of measure....something beyond our technology)

no -   1000 feet , can't be a UFO  -----and orange lights are a giveaway ----DRONE -99.99% ---

Inspire 1 dual searchlight mount

Kind of reminds me of the Pink Floyd "Pulse" tour...

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I caught that too, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

What I am known most for, OK never mind.

But I did use discretion when I said that, what I thought was not at all the same as what I posted. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I caught that too, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

that saying brings up some unpleasant memories.   Had a boss once that got a new job. on his final day at work, he talked to the executive director and got me a pretty big promotion. HR director came back to the new guy that replaced him and said that the new job description write-up was too weak and needed to be beefed up. This new guy called me in and told me that the promotion was sunk.  I told him "no, it was approved by the executive director, all that is needed is the job description to be edited."  He told me that this was his first day and he didn't want to rock the boat and that his Dad told him that discretion was the better part of valor. 

I told him that his Dad obviously hadn't just lost out on a promotion.  My old boss got wind of this and called me and asked if he should call the executive director to work this out. In what turned out to NOT be the wisest decision that I've ever made, I went all macho and I told him "No thanks, this is my fight."  Yeah, stupid me ... I fight my own battles and don't need someone fighting for me.  That turned out to be a six-digit loss of income while I worked there and hurts my retirement check significantly to this date. 

Pride is stupid and expensive ... I should have let my old boss get this resolved. 

• Like 1