New phone suggestions?

Coytee

3 minutes ago, Coytee said:

-  who'd want to watch a movie on their phone?----------But....  don't you have to be in a 5g signal area?  (of which I'm nowhere near)

actually , everybody , does it already  ----a  cell phone is faster than a PC  they then  transfer the data to a PC ---now the same goes for music , you can download data in 1 day  versus months  in the previous generation ------- cell towers will have it all over - if you can get a cell phone working where you are , chances are 5g is coming down the road -------but the phone has to be a 5G capable device or it won't work with 5G----

Cracked screens?  Don't you guys use protective cases on your phones?  For me, most mobile phones feel like bars of soap.  They jump out of my hand way too easily, so I've got an Otterbox Defender.  That way, I can have a secure grip on it, and it will never get scuffed up.  The screen protector has some scratches, but the actual screen looks like new.

20 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

actually , everybody , does it already  ----a  cell phone is faster than a PC  they then  transfer the data to a PC ---now the same goes for music , you can download data in 1 day  versus months  in the previous generation ------- cell towers will have it all over - if you can get a cell phone working where you are , chances are 5g is coming down the road -------but the phone has to be a 5G capable device or it won't work with 5G----

Heh....  I live out in the country.  One day some materials showed up at the start of my (dead end) road.  Later, some equipment showed up.  Clearly something was going on.  This was underground boring machine and a spool of conduit.

Long story short, it turns out that they were laying fiber optics!!!

I was THRILLED.

I am the LAST house on the road and are about 1  mile to the end of the road (where I am).  They brought the fiber optic line in....came half way down the road, turned to the right and went into a "subdivision" that  has TWO homes.....  (we have THREE homes on the farm).

I asked the installer when they were going to complete the rest of the road and come to us.....he said he didn't know that anyone lived beyond this point, he thought (the road) was simply a driveway.

So today, only the first half of my road has fiber optics......I'm stuck on a satellite.

Won't surprise me to have another Charlie Brown moment with the 5g

• Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 1:59 AM, Coytee said:

Heh....  I live out in the country.  One day some materials showed up at the start of my (dead end) road.  Later, some equipment showed up.  Clearly something was going on.  This was underground boring machine and a spool of conduit.

Long story short, it turns out that they were laying fiber optics!!!

I was THRILLED.

I am the LAST house on the road and are about 1  mile to the end of the road (where I am).  They brought the fiber optic line in....came half way down the road, turned to the right and went into a "subdivision" that  has TWO homes.....  (we have THREE homes on the farm).

I asked the installer when they were going to complete the rest of the road and come to us.....he said he didn't know that anyone lived beyond this point, he thought (the road) was simply a driveway.

So today, only the first half of my road has fiber optics......I'm stuck on a satellite.

Won't surprise me to have another Charlie Brown moment with the 5g

--Fibers optics are very expensive in the hundreds of thousands  - but for cell phones its different , cell phone cies need towers everywhere  to allow coverage  for their clients  ,  which means you have a better chance to get 5G Coverage in your isolated area   versus Fiber optics -------    in all cases , you can add   WIFI antennas on your buildings to receive the internet signal  from the  fiber optics installation that is closest to you -------

The tracking info is embedded just as much in an apple phone.  Other security issues are avoided by staying old school,  keep any personal info especially financial from ever touching your phone.  The gov't will still have anything they want, they always have, but at least hackers will find nothing to steal.  Most of the harmful breaches are sourced from the institutions themselves, not your personal devices.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The tracking info is embedded just as much in an apple phone.  Other security issues are avoided by staying old school,  keep any personal info especially financial from ever touching your phone.  The gov't will still have anything they want, they always have, but at least hackers will find nothing to steal.  Most of the harmful breaches are sourced from the institutions themselves, not your personal devices.  

Correct,

I use my phone for a phone. I've turned off all that I can. Be wary of third party apps...Go out to Mange your Apple ID and have them send you data on you.

Just my 2 cent's worth law enforcement hates iPhone

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

Not sure someone hasn't already said this. I'm an iPhone fan for security reasons.

don't kid yourself  ,  you can hack an iphone just as easy as an Android , if not easier -

32 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

don't kid yourself  ,  you can hack an iphone just as easy as an Android , if not easier -

Not at all, I would never kid myself....

3.jpg

Adding this...You might have to copy paste url into your favorite browser

blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/2018/03/graykey-iphone-unlocker-poses-serious-security-concerns/

On 7/10/2020 at 12:34 AM, RandyH 000 said:

No plans on ever watching a movie on my phone.whats the point?  Because you can?  Yeah let's get the smallest picture and worst audio possible to watch a movie.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No plans on ever watching a movie on my phone.whats the point?  Because you can?  Yeah let's get the smallest picture and worst audio possible to watch a movie.

Carl -the goal is not to watch on the small screen  but to download it  very quickly  and then watch on a bigger screen  whether TV- or  tablet or Led Monitor- in 2 minutes via 5G

3 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

Carl -the goal is not to watch on the small screen  but to download it  very quickly  and then watch on a bigher screen TV- or  tablet or Led Monitor- in 2 minutes via 5G

Don't have a phone or PC hooked up to a screen.