New phone suggestions?

Coytee

@Coytee

Find one?

Got a scarcely used Pixel 3a XL here that with the right case you wouldn't see the whatever it's called pale purple color. It's got a few payments left hit me up if interested.... no wuhan bug here or near here ever!!

Not the fastest one out there but its good. Great batter life, not waterproof was on Google Fi or their cohorts T Mobile & Verizon off of wifi. SIM free or not or both. 

IMG-20200711-221241.jpg

IMG-20200711-221301.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 3:51 PM, BigStewMan said:

I saw an advertisement for a.product where it was an old school handset that plugged into a cell phone. why?  I just don't get it. Try cramming all that in your pants pocket.

41QkqQhi9yL._AC_SR320,320_.jpg

Those big handsets were available here 5 or 10 years ago.  They're kind of a gag gift.  I nearly bought one for my daughter, but the audio quality was too poor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

No plans on ever watching a movie on my phone.whats the point?  Because you can?  Yeah let's get the smallest picture and worst audio possible to watch a movie.

Mostly because the over 50 crowd prefer their home theater for movies, but phones are for KIDS mostly, they need to assert their independence (but not from the phone bill). 

Just got the Samsung S20+, just another phone to me,@CECAA850 the water proof at 1.5 meters for 30 minutes may be worth it to you.

My son upgraded his IPhone Se to the Xr today, except no one can remember the icloud password. Now his account is locked until we find out when and if it can be reset. I don't like having to have a ln Apple account to have a phone, it's a little annoying. I can reset my Google password easier than this. This may be the last Apple product I ever consider buying.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I went into town this morning.  Bought a Motorola 5g  I don't even know (nor really care) the model number.

He said it had two antenna in it.  It's currently sitting on my desk charging and updating about 30 programs in there.

I've been trying to figure out how to delete some of the apps that I'll never use (Candy crush for example)...  just a waste of my time.

Now, if I can get a card playing app.....Euchre specifically....then it will  have my attention.

Can't yet figure out how to access my exede email account (need to load the POP Server stuff I think which means I'll do it after the updates)

Now, it DOES have 16 contacts on the back side of it.  I asked about it.  He said there are accessories you can get for it that will cradle it (and now make contact with those) and you can use it (the attachment) as a projector.  I didn't get into what other things it might do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I got an S9 from Jerry ( @rockhound )

If I could have fixed my S8 for the $50.00 co pay and purchased it out right (which technically I already have) I would have just kept my old phone and saved $$$.  But hey, at least I am ready for 5g. 

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

If I could have fixed my S8 for the $50.00 co pay and purchased it out right (which technically I already have) I would have just kept my old phone and saved $$$.  But hey, at least I am ready for 5g. 

50$ for  a spare S8 is peanuts --------

I'm glad to hear that people like Motorola.  The Galvins have done a lot for IIT, one of my schools.

I had lost faith in Moto a bit.  My niece has a Moto on a discount carrier and probably poor signal strength and it might have have be drowned a few times.  The system is a muffled mumble machine.  For good or bad I'm her telephone caretaker and have to work with it from afar.  But so now I know it is not inherent in the phone.  Thanks again to the Galvins and excellent Moto products and support of IIT here in Chicago.

By way of background: I enjoyed the HP200LX pocket DOS computer very much decades ago.  Half a CGA screeen in LCD and a fabulous QUERTY keyboard.  It folds like a laptop.  I'd love a cell like that.

So I've got my eye on the LG dual screen.  It  is marketed for multitasking and gaming.  It seems to have a setting  for QUERTY keyboard on one sceen which is good for a fat fingered guy like me and the high rez OLED screens.  One reviewer mentioned they're viewable in sunlight when goosed up.  I dunno.

Funny story there.  One time I was at the shadeless lakefront promenade when an important call came in.   I had to make excuses for delay, take off my backpack, and put my jacket over my head backwards to see the cell phone screen.  I got the assignment but looked like an idiot to onlookers.

Anyway, the LG looks like a winner and less expensive than similar units on the market.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdOKV4AhiW0

WMcD

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 6:42 PM, Coytee said:

I went into town this morning.  Bought a Motorola 5g 

perfect choice -------Motorola phones are a Diamond in the Rust -------amazing phones that fly under the radar