How often do you see fixer-uppers? Cornwall II - $600

iaRIVR

How often do you see fixer-uppers? I feel like I've been watching for awhile and they rarely come up. I would love to find a pair with beat to crap boxes I could restore.

This would be my dream project, they guy is showing them to someone now but if that falls through I am seriously considering driving 10 hours for these.

Picture1.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iaRIVR said:

Oh sorry 10 hours round trip. 20 would be crazy. 10 is... not crazy?

I have a roll of sapele just waiting for something!

Not too crazy for Klipsch at all.

There had been some capital trips overtime here. Envy you, like a good trip for Klipsch.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually  the price is ok ,   but more pictures are needed to see the condition of the cabs and the parts that come with the speakers , are there any grilles -badges etc -------either you veneer or paint black  and save a bit of money -

It was not too many years ago I drove an hour and a half to pick up some Cornwall IIs that were almost mint. Got em' for 600.00. The lady's husband had passed. She had cornwalls, two pair of heresys and a beautiful pair of Khorns, all for sale.

Things have certainly changed.

Shakey

1 hour ago, iaRIVR said:

They went fast, he had someone coming over by the time I found them. He had 10 people reach out in 24 hours.

lucky it was not 100------we post them on the klipsch forum  Alerts ------and the guys are all waitin

• Like 1

Wow!  This would be a hard pass for me.  You never know what quality of work that has already been done. I'm a firm believer that if you can, do it!  If you can't, ask for help and learn how to do it !  (I've seen a lot of "home depot weekend warrior" DIY projects that are a complete nightmare because someone "thought" they could do it!)

I would take the $600 he's asking, plus the amount you will spend in gas, time, replacement driver(s) and perhaps lodging and put it towards building a new cabinet loaded with new(or good used) drivers and either a new passive crossover or go for the sky and use an active crossover for endless hours of tinkering around to get your sound dialed in.

• Like 1