R-112SW suddenly plays very quiet

Patrick1417

Hi guys :) 

I' running two R-112SW in my setup.

Suddenly on of them only plays very very quiet, i have to crank up the gain so that i can hear a thing. 

I checked the cable comming from my AVR, i switched it with the working one - no results.

Is this a common problem or do you guys know anything about a solution? 

Thank you. 

Thanks for your welcome greetings :)

I already read a few posts about it. 

I will try to switch the powersupply from my working one to see if the powersupply is dead. 

My subwoofers are both out of warranty, do you know if i can get replacement AMPs from Klipsch or do you know any good aftermarket replacement?

Edited by Patrick1417
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick1417 said:

Thanks for your welcome greetings :)

I already read a few posts about it. 

I will try to switch the powersupply from my working one to see if the powersupply is dead. 

My subwoofers are both out of warranty, do you know if i can get replacement AMPs from Klipsch or do you know any good aftermarket replacement?

You might try Edwards Electronics on e-bay.  I haven't personally used them but several forum members have with good luck.

you can remove the amps and run the subs --in a passive mode using an external amplifier -----if nothing is wrong with the woofers , now bear in mind that usually , capacitors , electrolytics -  etc ---are the main issue and any decent technician can repair these  ---------and even yourself if you take the time

• Like 1

That was my thought too, a friend of mine, he is an electrical engineer, will have a look at it and try to fix it. 

If not i try my luck at a repair store, but i don't want do spend more than 200€(~226$) on repairs. 

But thank you all very much for your help and advice. 

2 hours ago, Patrick1417 said:

That was my thought too, a friend of mine, he is an electrical engineer, will have a look at it and try to fix it. 

If not i try my luck at a repair store, but i don't want do spend more than 200€(~226$) on repairs. 

But thank you all very much for your help and advice. 

parts are 20-25  Euros  tops  ------look for bulged caps ----------usually the same culprits end up failing ,in on all these amps   as they age rapidly     ------so both amps will benefit from the same solution  - have him test all the electrolytics  for their  value  with an ESR Meter  as per the values in MF  stated on the cap  ----------anything lower than the right specs --------dump it

--replace it with Nichicon caps , they are the best    --------and even of slightly higher values can't hurt

• Like 1