Heresy II Crossover Question...

boleiro

So I ordered the Crossover Rebuild kit form Bob Crites, along with the Ti Tweeter Diaphragms, Risers and Cane Grille cloth.  However, this question is specifically about the Crossovers.  My Heresy II's are 1986 so they have the round terminal cups with the caps all piled on there.  I decided that I wanted to keep the terminal cups stock since the do sound great as is.  I was thinking I could cobble together some replacement crossovers the Sonicaps from the Crites Kit on some KG4 round terminal cups that look identical to the Heresy II terminal cups.  I am watching some KG4 round terminal cups on ebay... would only be 45 for the pair. 

Does anyone know if this would be possible or if there are differences in the KG4 Terminal cups from the Heresy II's?   If not I will probably just disassemble the stock crossovers and rebuild on a board mounted to the bottom of the cabinet.  Or, maybe I could build crossover boards with the crites kit and some new inductors/autotransformers.  

anyone else have experience with any of these options?

12 hours ago, boleiro said:

anyone else have experience with any of these options?

I put all my caps on a board and ran wires from the crossover to the caps.  Deans way is more elegant (because that's how he rolls) but mine wasn't too difficult.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:56 AM, Deang said:

I would use the provided schematic and start from scratch on some boards. Seriously.

this is the route that I am leaning towards now... I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be but I usually circle round to the simplest, usually.  Spoke to Bob about the components needed to build up the boards myself.  In the end I want to get it set up right the first time so I don't have to open it back up for a long time.

• Like 1