NYPD is going down the tubes

tube fanatic

Some people just don't know how disgusting the city was before Giuliani.

Times Square was infested with crime, drugs, prostitutes, XXX movie theaters. The scum of the earth.

Now there's a Disney store

The Deuce' Recalls Sex and Sleaze in 1970s Times Square - The New ...

Richard Sandler | Spraydaily.com

SoHo Past, Present, …Future? | SoHo Memory Project.

• Thanks 1

Couple years ago, I was talking with a guy that was a retired NYC cop.  He moved here because of no state income tax...probably something else too but no income tax was his stated reason.

His pension was around $10,000 / month as I recall.  I'm guessing at the time, he was maybe 55/57 years old.

23 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Good work Mayor Rudy......too bad he's now a laughingstock, a joke, a whack job.

He does seem a bit unhinged the last few times I've saw him but I bet he would still be able to straighten out NYC or any of the other cities mentioned above in  no time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Good work Mayor Rudy......too bad he's now a laughingstock, a joke, a whack job.

Yep, Mayor Rudy’s post mayoral work is on par with Mayor Bill’s current work - highly questionable and ineffective - too bad the current mayor falls into the laughingstock, joke and whack job column - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Yea, but it's only the losers and laughingstocks, jokes and whack jobs who think so....  So, no big deal.  Just another day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Coytee said:

Couple years ago, I was talking with a guy that was a retired NYC cop.  He moved here because of no state income tax...probably something else too but no income tax was his stated reason.

His pension was around $10,000 / month as I recall.  I'm guessing at the time, he was maybe 55/57 years old.

$10k/month pension,  then there's health Ins. and Dental, etc.   Not bad at all, only tax dollars can buy that kind of pension.  

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

$10k/month pension,  then there's health Ins. and Dental, etc.   Not bad at all, only tax dollars can buy that kind of pension.  

Been saying it for years(decades?) they better be building a castle with a moat cuz when the little people are starving it will be easier to defend.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EmilC said:

Some people just don't know how disgusting the city was before Giuliani.

Times Square was infested with crime, drugs, prostitutes, XXX movie theaters. The scum of the earth.

Now there's a Disney store

Giulliani had nothing to do with  cleaning up the City as a Mayor  , although he was the US  Attorney who prosecuted the crime bosses in NYC -

-it  was David Dinkins from 90 to 93  who wiped  NYC clean ---

-Giuliani came in 94 as Mayor , the City was already unrecognizable  from the 60-70-80's , he made the rich get richer as the real estate boomed out of proportion  as, he was very hard with the homeless and the poor of NYC  -

the highest crime rate  in NYC was the 60-70-80's  -under 3 mayors Lindsey and Beame and koch , it was heavy corruption and very low moral in the NYC Police Force -

• Like 1