NYPD is going down the tubes

tube fanatic

13 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

Giulliani had nothing to do with  cleaning up the City as a Mayor  , although he was the US  Attorney who prosecuted the crime bosses in NYC -

-it  was David Dinkins from 90 to 93  who wiped  NYC clean ---

-Giuliani came in 94 as Mayor , the City was already unrecognizable  from the 60-70-80's , he made the rich get richer as the real estate boomed out of proportion  as, he was very hard with the homeless and the poor of NYC  -

the highest crime rate  in NYC was the 60-70-80's  -under 3 mayors Lindsey and Beame and koch , it was heavy corruption and very low moral in the NYC Police Force -

Kudos to Dinkins. Credit where credit is due.
Thanks Randy

https://www.gothamgazette.com/city/8757-looking-back-at-mayor-david-dinkins-30-years-after-his-historic-1989-win

He introduced " Safe Streets, Safe City" which added THOUSANDS of police to the force.  Hmmm?

300px-Giuliani_crime_rate.png

National, New York City, and other major city crime rates (1990–2002).[86]

True Giuliani governed with a firm hand with his "Broken Windows" policy.

Not only crime continue to decrease but people actually felt safer.

Remember the squeegee guys? Created traffic issues, intimidated drivers. Hated driving in the city.

I always had to make sure i had spare change in the car. I would pay them NOT to smear dirty water on my windshield :^)

if that's an example of being harsh to the homeless? Sorry. I and other New Yorkers  have rights also

21 hours ago, richieb said:

Yep, Mayor Rudy’s post mayoral work is on par with Mayor Bill’s current work - highly questionable and ineffective - too bad the current mayor falls into the laughingstock, joke and whack job column - 

But on the plus side Mayor Bill just proved he is a master painter, roller in hand painting Fifth Avenue. Nothing like a good coat of safety yellow to keep his streets safe and secure. But look closely enough - he missed a spot - imagine that -

8 minutes ago, richieb said:

But on the plus side Mayor Bill just proved he is a master painter, roller in hand painting Fifth Avenue. Nothing like a good coat of safety yellow to keep his streets safe and secure. But look closely enough - he missed a spot - imagine that -

and in front of Trump Tower. Cute.

He plans on going to Washington to ask for BILLIONS in bail out money. Would Trump have to approve that? If so, would Trump be the bigger man? :^)

Any Seattle residents here?

What''s going on in your neck of the woods?

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/seattle-city-leaders-throw-support-behind-defunding-spd-by-50/SI3Q7B3TL5BONCWYRTRX6MDZLU/

SEATTLE — The majority of Seattle City Council is now backing proposals to defund Seattle’s police department by 50%, despite concerns from Mayor Jenny "Summer of Love" Durkan and Seattle’s police chief that council members are moving too quickly and without enough widespread community engagement.

I'm thankful everyday that I've always lived in the country, avoid major cities and rarely have any reason or need to venture into dense, urban areas.  When I was a teenager living in N.E. Pa., we would occasionally make some night trips into NYC and Philly just to cruise with the bikes or our cars that were way too loud, but that was a different world. 

41 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I'm thankful everyday that I've always lived in the country, avoid major cities and rarely have any reason or need to venture into dense, urban areas.  When I was a teenager living in N.E. Pa., we would occasionally make some night trips into NYC and Philly just to cruise with the bikes or our cars that were way too loud, but that was a different world. 

Centre City, Philly, is a nice place to visit. I visit often and enjoy myself each time.

Has all the amenities of NYC but without the smell and grime :^)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pete H said:

After the last crash brought gangs to my suburban Detroit school system I moved to the county 40 miles NE of Grand Rapids MI. Prepped for the next crash by engineering a sustainable farm in 32 acres. Blind squirrel makes a good decision every now and then. I knew the riots were coming since early 2019. Gut feel from the TDS observations.

Hopefully the Marxists can be contained in the cities.

The debacle has exceeded my expectations.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 7:26 AM, EmilC said:

Kudos to Dinkins. Credit where credit is due.
Thanks Randy

https://www.gothamgazette.com/city/8757-looking-back-at-mayor-david-dinkins-30-years-after-his-historic-1989-win

He introduced " Safe Streets, Safe City" which added THOUSANDS of police to the force.  Hmmm?

300px-Giuliani_crime_rate.png

National, New York City, and other major city crime rates (1990–2002).[86]

True Giuliani governed with a firm hand with his "Broken Windows" policy.

Not only crime continue to decrease but people actually felt safer.

Remember the squeegee guys? Created traffic issues, intimidated drivers. Hated driving in the city.

I always had to make sure i had spare change in the car. I would pay them NOT to smear dirty water on my windshield :^)

if that's an example of being harsh to the homeless? Sorry. I and other New Yorkers  have rights also

Dinkins  put very Good  men in place ,and once he chose the Man , he let them do their job , independently from the Mayor  control which was the 1st source of the corruption  ,   that alone bridged the communities ,  --his contributions over only a few years still bring billions to the City  every year and has he not done it , NYC would be bankrupt today  and people forget that NYC was broke   -