Refinishing Heresy HIP Aluminum Trim

Frzninvt

Anyone know a place or a person that I can send my Heresy HIP aluminum to get refinished and polished up?  I would really love to have it done in black chrome or nickel plated.  Even a good scuff removal and light polish would work I just don't have the tools to do it myself.  If I had a wire brush wheel and a cotton one on the other side I would do it.  Let me know if you know anyone or anyplace that can tackle the job.

15 minutes ago, Don Richard said:

Scotchbrite pads will do what you want, and will restore the original appearance.

But that will oxidize fast. You could polish them yourself and them get them anodized black. I think you can actually do that at home fairly easily.

Either pad works for this purpose. Just start gently and only add pressure if needed. I posted a piece of trim i had to DA sand first then use scotch brite in another thread. 

trim2.thumb.jpg.b7fad3ba917635908eb1bae0507dc7df.jpg

I only did half to see how it would turn out. This piece had deep gouges. Looks nice. Yes it will oxidize over time but will still look nice. If concerned, re anodize, but that adds cost. I have a set of LS that i rescued and covered in Duratex. I put bare aluminum on the edges, buffed lightly to shine up. They are not as bright as before, but after 5 years, look nice. These have been outside many times as well. If you have time, do a small patch on the bottom and see what it looks like. If you want to anodize, you will have to clean up well as it will show any blemish, but you can also pick a handful of colors if you so choose. You can also look up powder coaters in your area. They can do really cool things these day. Make it look like chrome, paint any color, even do a protective clear coat. That may be another option.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

That's not the OEM trim though, correct?

no, not even close. that is simple aluminum angle I had laying around. But it is typical 6063 T5 aluminum that should be somewhat close to the material used in the OEM. The trim I showed in the post before this one is OEM trim for a HIP that I built a new cabinet for, just haven't finished yet.

I do have a legit pair of LSI splits with the OEM trim as well, but have not (as yet) attempted to pretty up. They look good to me a little road weary. But don't have them in a permanent place indoors. Just use in my shop or outside at functions that need good clean music. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

How are those patio LS performing?

Meet with your approval?

Favorite pair of speakers I have so, yes.  I find myself listening to them more than any other set I have. 

Now about those new EV's..............................

11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Favorite pair of speakers I have so, yes.  I find myself listening to them more than any other set I have. 

Now about those new EV's..............................

Every time I sit on my patio listening to my tiny outdoor speakers and my 8" sub, i think of you on your patio with a pair of LSI splits blasting and I wonder where I went wrong in life. 

EV's??!!??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Jerry!!!    (< in my best Newman voice) @rockhoundHe is responsible for me getting a single set of trim that forced me to build an HIP!!

He and @longdrive03

Almost done. 

ISN'T IT AMAZING , A BRAND NEW HIP decorator --------some styles just never get outdated