Refinishing Heresy HIP Aluminum Trim

Frzninvt

11 minutes ago, geoff. said:

I have a pair of LSI Splits with the aluminum trim.

...I can’t get the vision of DaveA’s MAHL tweeter lens and a sandblasted K-400 out of my mind.

not sure if a    sand blasted  K-400  would look good for very long  , but polished , or chromed   maybe

On 7/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, geoff. said:

I have a pair of LSI Splits with the aluminum trim.

...I can’t get the vision of DaveA’s MAHL tweeter lens and a sandblasted K-400 out of my mind.

My LSI splits have the walnut lenses.

I didn't sand blast my mid horns but one of them had a bad casting that left a ridge in the horn path.  It took a while and a bit of finesse to get it down to where I was happy with it.  I had to spray paint the throat once I was finished grinding/filing it.

1 minute ago, MookieStl said:

That was five years ago! Hasn't bothered me yet!

Stop putting imaginary imperfections into my head!

Next you'll tell me that LS need a sub!!

The denial is strong in this one.

Good thing you're not close.  You'd go home and rip them back apart then build a sub.  LOL.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The denial is strong in this one.

Good thing you're not close.  You'd go home and rip them back apart then build a sub.  LOL.

subs2.png.f2c02d41753baad7b2252a5fb8c50282.png

I've used with subs (just what i had laying around). Nice addition.  I do like the quick hitting (mid) bass of the LS all by itself though. I do have a couple tapped horns in my living room with my Belle's that do add a little. I didn't know I even need a sub until i read it here. I ain't real bright.

@codewritinfool has a THTLP that i plan to audition some day, this virus thing has prevented us from doing it so far this year.

@Frzninvt i apologize for Carl crapping on you thread so much, i try to set a good example.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

subs2.png.f2c02d41753baad7b2252a5fb8c50282.png

@codewritinfool has a THTLP that i plan to audition some day, this virus thing has prevented us from doing it so far this year.

Someday we will do just that.  6 La Scalas and a THTLP.  It'll be heavenly and we will take some photos of the stack so folks here can drool.  

Until then, as I've told you, you're welcome to the THTLP anytime you'd like to borrow it.  It isn't built super well, and someday I will build it again with the right plywood, but it is airtight and man does it sound fantastic.  Really puts the low end on the LS setup.

• Like 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Someday we will do just that.  6 La Scalas and a THTLP. 

Best Ht I have ever heard was all LaScalas, they were splits but the same thing, just a little easier to aim the top horn.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Best Ht I have ever heard was all LaScalas, they were splits but the same thing, just a little easier to aim the top horn.

Four of our six are splits. Did three LS across the front and two Heresy for the rear one time for movie night outside. It was very nice. Best I've heard, but I dont get out much.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...