lack of Cornwall 1 bass

VDS

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

Here we have a situation where you have not responded to my inquiry as to another source just to try. Now what we are doing is continuing troubleshooting. Regardless as to the quality of the music, we want to bypass the Dac entirely, just to see if the bass is being impaired. Just a methodical approach to suss out what appears to be the bass. Look at your connections to the Dac.

The cable I suggest will give full bass if there is some setting inside the computers sound card....Ask again, what is the model of the Emotiva... thanks

Got it, I will bypass dac as an experiment, yes. Emotiva BasX150

• Like 1

Just now, VDS said:

Thanks, sounds like one pictured or close. Nice unit would like myself. Look at your connection from computer for hdmi, whatever

just to check. When you bail out taking a break. Come back and review. Think you bout got it

sorted. Thanks for your patience.

• Moderators

Laptop is just for music, the way it's setup is HDMI out of laptop to a really good sounding receiver (better the the DAC I was using) and just use the pre-outs from it. Into a EV Dx-38 used as an active crossover, stereo pair in 4 channels out, to the 2 amps are connected to this. One channel of one amp to the bass bins on one side the other channel to the 402 horn, repeat with other amp for the other side.

I had a DAC instead of the receiver, that limited connections somewhat, the receiver was tried and it sounds just as good or better and greatly improves ability to connect different things.

I had tried this years ago with a different receiver and it was not good, so I got the DAC, the different receiver now used made a big difference, a friend in the business was here and we tried both the DAC and the better receiver and stayed with it. He has done this stuff for a living for over 30 years and has much better ears than me, and knows what to look/listen for, a very reputably company you know trust him to design and voice there products so I surely trust him.  

Plus it has a sub out, going to a crown amp for the sub, the way it's all connected now just makes everything easier to deal with and sounds amazing.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Add Fidelizer:  40 bucks $

https://fidelizer-audio.com/

BEST audio upgrade I ever did, bar none.

I've been at  it for 7 years now.

I bookmarked that site, never heard of it but will look into it. Thanks

Just to see what it is i can try the free version and go with one of the other plans after trying it. Makes sense what they say 

• Like 1

There some thing fishy with wiring.....or bad connection. Beg or borrow an old school reciever and test them with that. Check the ohms on the woofers to make sure they are still good.....go loosen and retighten all those screws while your in there you will have to undo the woofer connections anyway.... most likely are but you never know. Did you put in the newer crites crossover???  Those Cornwalls will kick butt with as little as 24 watts. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Add Fidelizer:  40 bucks $

https://fidelizer-audio.com/

BEST audio upgrade I ever did, bar none.

I've been at  it for 7 years now.

Why not start your own thread about this? The OP is having problems with Cornwall bass. How is this a possible solution for him? This appears to be about "I own this software on my Computer and it's awesome," which does not translate into a relevant contribution, agree? Unless of course it's a significant bass booster? But this thread is more about hardware than software, aye?

12 hours ago, VDS said:

you should have bought the BasX300- which is basically 2x the output    the extra power of the amp gives headroom ,  and bass loves headroom  

2 hours ago, larryk said:

I have found the bass with my Cornwall 1 sounds much better using the 4ohm taps rather than 8ohm.  Not sure if you have this option but you may want to try if you do.

you may have a tube amp ---with 8-4 ohms taps ----but this Emotiva amp has no such option -