Anthem receivers?

JoeJoeThe3rd

I've had an Anthem D2 for over a decade.  ARC room correction is incredible.  The pre/pro has been absolutely flawless, never once needing a firmware update or reset.  I also have a 2 channel preamp that I've had just as long and it has been equally trouble free and great sounding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I've had an Anthem D2 for over a decade.  ARC room correction is incredible.  The pre/pro has been absolutely flawless, never once needing a firmware update or reset.  I also have a 2 channel preamp that I've had just as long and it has been equally trouble free and great sounding.

Good to hear. I’d s pre amp the same thing as a power amp? Is the pre amp an anthem pre amp or something?

I have not met anyone who purchased an Anthem AVR or pre/pro and regretted it.  With Anthem you do give up "some" features but you gain great build quality, top tier room correction with ARC, great sound quality for stereo music and HT, and good customer support. 

As mentioned before, if my NAD takes a dump and I can't find an affordable NAD replacement, Anthem is where I am looking.

Bill

11 hours ago, willland said:

I have not met anyone who purchased an Anthem AVR or pre/pro and regretted it.  With Anthem you do give up "some" features but you gain great build quality, top tier room correction with ARC, great sound quality for stereo music and HT, and good customer support. 

As mentioned before, if my NAD takes a dump and I can't find an affordable NAD replacement, Anthem is where I am looking.

Bill

I called and talked to someone about nad and they told me that they have like sold there company or something and they have just been all over the place or something along those lines. It would just be harder for me to get a bad than it would for me to get an anthem.

21 minutes ago, David y said:

I called and talked to someone about nad and they told me that they have like sold there company or something and they have just been all over the place or something along those lines. It would just be harder for me to get a bad than it would for me to get an anthem.

I am saying I have been very pleased with all my NAD gear but would not have a problem or feel I missed a beat if I was to switch to Anthem.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, David y said:

Trying to figure out how this works?

Sources like Blu Ray players can be hooked up via HDMI to the pre pro's input.  RCA's will carry the signal from the pre outs to your amplifiers inputs.  Speaker wires take the amplified signal from your amplifiers to your speakers.

Edit, that looks like a receiver so you could also use the internal amplifiers and not use external amplifiers.  I thought we were talking about pre pros till I looked at the back of the unit.

Well I bought a parasound a31 and it sound the balanced will sound best but not all receivers will have be able to run balanced. So your telling me I will have to run the power amp unbalanced through the mrx720? What’s the difference from balanced and unbalanced, and will it effect the sound quality? I will also be listening to music probably more often than movies.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Sources like Blu Ray players can be hooked up via HDMI to the pre pro's input.  RCA's will carry the signal from the pre outs to your amplifiers inputs.  Speaker wires take the amplified signal from your amplifiers to your speakers.

Edit, that looks like a receiver so you could also use the internal amplifiers and not use external amplifiers.  I thought we were talking about pre pros till I looked at the back of the unit.

The first thing you said is confusing but I’m trying to understand what your saying. Wouldn’t I just hook it up to my avr. What would be the advantage of that? Also I would prefer to use my power amp. Your right it looks like it only has unbalanced inputs.

• 2 weeks later...

So basically I just disgusted our with anthem room correction it’s Takes away all bass from your main speakers and send it to your sub. And there’s no way around it I’m pretty sure without turning off room corrrction. And I was here think arc is suppose to be the best. Shit my 200$ integra room correction sounded ten times better then this. This is acually completly Ridiculous. Now the question comes do I return this. And go for a Yamaha or some other brand. Because i don’t think I’m ever gonna use the room correction and it just seems like I’m wasting money if I’m never gonna use part of the product. I wonder how much the room correction costs?  But the sound that comes from it is still amazing without the room correction. What do you guys think. What would some other good receiver choices to go with? I was think Yamaha 3080. I wonder if that room correction does the same thing. Throw me some suggestions?

57 minutes ago, David y said:

So basically I just disgusted our with anthem room correction it’s Takes away all bass from your main speakers and send it to your sub. And there’s no way around it I’m pretty sure without turning off room corrrction. And I was here think arc is suppose to be the best. Shit my 200$ integra room correction sounded ten times better then this. This is acually completly Ridiculous. Now the question comes do I return this. And go for a Yamaha or some other brand. Because i don’t think I’m ever gonna use the room correction and it just seems like I’m wasting money if I’m never gonna use part of the product. I wonder how much the room correction costs?  But the sound that comes from it is still amazing without the room correction. What do you guys think. What would some other good receiver choices to go with? I was think Yamaha 3080. I wonder if that room correction does the same thing. Throw me some suggestions?

I had the exactly same experience when I ordered a new Lexicon RV-6 with Dirac as replacement for my old Harman AVR 7550HD.

Long story short: I returned the Lexicon and keep being happy with my 11 years old Harman and just praying that he last some more years!

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Sounds like something is not set up right, I'd call Anthem.  Bass is incredible on my set up using ARC.

Well the way the dealer described it is that arc takes away bass from the speaker and send all of it to the sub. Do you still have any bass on you main left and right speaker. I mean there’s a tiny bit but I have big ten inch driver and with the bass set to 10, all the way up it was like nothing at all compared to how they should sound. I’m pretty sure it’s all set up right. The menu is pretty straight forward and so is arc once you get it set up. I called and asked the dealer and that’s how he described it to me. I guess it’s worth a try to call anthem. 

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You can also bump the gain on the bass after you've run ARC.  As a matter of fact I suggest it, start with 4-6dB.  Bass calibrated flat in any system always sounds horrible.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

• Like 1