Anthem receivers?

JoeJoeThe3rd

14 hours ago, David y said:

Do you still have any bass on you main left and right speaker. I mean there’s a tiny bit but I have big ten inch driver and with the bass set to 10, all the way up it was like nothing at all compared to how they should sound.

Who cares where the bass comes from.   I have four eighteen inch drivers built into a wall in an IB configuration.  When it's set up correctly it sounds like the bass is coming directly from my mains.  If you closed your eyes and listened you'd never know where the sub was located.  The whole idea is to take the bass load off your mains so that they can play cleanly.  The less the drivers move in your mains the less distortion they produce.  You're not taxing your mains and you're not taxing the amp.  Distortion is lowered as you're directing bass to the device that is built to handle it.  What are your mains and sub?

9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Who cares where the bass comes from.   I have four eighteen inch drivers built into a wall in an IB configuration.  When it's set up correctly it sounds like the bass is coming directly from my mains.  If you closed your eyes and listened you'd never know where the sub was located.  The whole idea is to take the bass load off your mains so that they can play cleanly.  The less the drivers move in your mains the less distortion they produce.  You're not taxing your mains and you're not taxing the amp.  Distortion is lowered as you're directing bass to the device that is built to handle it.  What are your mains and sub?

I mean having my mains bass all the way up I hear litterally no distortion and I honestly like the sound of it at full band just as much if not more than if I set my main crossover to 40 and let my sub do some of the work. Which is what I do most of the time. I have my sub on the right side of my front sound stage. Well I mean I care. I don’t care where it sounds like the bass is coming from but I can tell the difference from sound quality from my quad 10s to my 12’ on my sub. I want to see what sounds best. And for depending on which song it is certain crossovers sound better than others. For my ears sometimes it sounds better quality when I have my mains set to full band. So I think these speakers are built to be taxed. They are huge and sending them pure class a power 250 watts of it if not more. I have not sensed and characteristics of them being taxed yet. But Believe me I have had an open and diligent ear listening for stuff like that. The dynamics and dynamic range and bass on these things is incredible. Especially for the money I paid. And I got them for 25%. I mean I could literally see them charging like 10’000 a pair and getting away with it. That’s just me Mx 

• Like 1

What do you think I would get the best sound quality from anthem, Yamaha, Denon, martanaz, or any other brands I haven’t mentioned. That’s no more than 2499 before tax? Or even if price wasent s problem but something that wasn’t too crazy expensive. Basically what’s has the best sound quality. I’m guessing from Yamaha anthem denon and martanaz, anthem does right? And how audible of a difference if any do you think it would be?

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:54 PM, David y said:

What do you think I would get the best sound quality from anthem, Yamaha, Denon, martanaz, or any other brands I haven’t mentioned.

A very subjective question.  Only you will know what sounds best to you.

Bill