Trying to figure out my surround sides for a Dolby Atmos 7.2.6 system

saebel

Hello all.  Been slowly building my 7.2.6 system.  Due to spacial constraints and recommended specs for Dolby Atmos, I am torn between RP-600Ms, laying sideways on my existing speaker stands*, or perhaps some floor-standing speakers like the RP-6000F or RP-5000F.

I already have the following:

Fronts (x2): RP-8000F

Center: 504C

Ceilings (x6): CDT-5800 C II

Subs (x1): SPL-120

On my "to get list":

Rears (x2): RP-640D

Subs (#2): SPL-120 (waiting for a deal)

Sides: ???

The room size is approximately 15 feet by 17 feet.  So I sort of feel that the floorstanding ones might be overkill.  The other issue is that I occasionally throw dance parties which would require moving one of the side speakers out of the way to clear the living room floor/area which doubles as my home theater zone.  Granted I could use a dolly, but moving a 50 lb speaker into and out of place just doesn't seem like a good idea to me, even though it won't happen very often.

This is my first time diving into the Klipsch world, so recommendations from those who have had first hand experience with those speakers would be great.

* My wall space/area is weird.  I cannot mount anything to the wall.   On the screen left side is an open space, so I have to have a speaker on a stand of some kind or floor-standing speakers.   On the screen right side is a large window and the front door.  There is a small sliver of space to put an RP-600M speaker on a speaker stand.  However, it has to be sideways, otherwise it blocks the light-switch.  While I'm sure it's not "bad" per se, I'm just wondering if floor-standing might be a good alternative.  The RP-6000Fs are only 40" high and won't obstruct anything.

**For those wondering "why not some 502s?"  The 502s and similar designs aren't recommended for Dolby Atmos specs, in addition, their design would block access to the light switch when set on stands.

***Option three, get shorter stands and go with the RP-600Ms set up the proper way.  Doable, but my stands are basically lovely pieces of functional furniture that I would loathe to get rid of.  So either a separate set of stands that goes next to them or they end up sideways on them.

• Like 1

I use Towers all the way around.

A Stand takes as much space as a tower.

I have cats, A Tower is Harder to knock over.

As for Moving Towers, Use Furniture Sliders under each Foot,

makes moving Speakers Easy.

Also Towers all the way around sound great for loud music

if your having a party.

• Like 2

Overkill?  This is the Klipsch forum!  As long as a speaker will fit through the door, it’s not too big, and all Klipsch speakers will fit through a door, even the big Pro Theater ones.

Just remember, when it comes to speakers, bigger is better, especially with Klipsch speakers.  If you can’t afford the speakers you’d like right now, save up for a few months until you can.  “Good enough for now” thinking just means it will take longer and cost more to get the speakers that you really want.

• Like 2