Old KG1.5s, new look

AndreG.

16 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Thanks @MicroMara I was lucky, got help from this forum as well as from my colleague at work, who is a carpenter. Hope to put everything to good use with my Heresies. @MicroMara , do You have any idea where to get bolts that would fit the omnimounts of the KGs? Thanks!

kindly explain this subject a little bit more in detail for my personal understanding , what exactly do you want to do ? thanx & regards

Zuerst, mein herzliches Beileid zu Ihrem Verlust.

The 1.5s have four holes on their bottoms for mounting on a "omnimount" wall-mounting-system. I want to fasten my speakers with two bolts to my risers, using those holes. German M6 can only be screwed in with the tip. There is a difference between metric and imperial threads. I searched a few local DIY markets, but up till now came up blank...

Have You encountered this problem before?

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

Zuerst, mein herzliches Beileid zu Ihrem Verlust.

The 1.5s have four holes on their bottoms for mounting on a "omnimount" wall-mounting-system. I want to fasten my speakers with two bolts to my risers, using those holes. German M6 can only be screwed in with the tip. There is a difference between metric and imperial threads. I searched a few local DIY markets, but up till now came up blank...

Have You encountered this problem before?

Vielen Dank AndreG .

I replaced the Un threaded nuts with metric threaded nuts and then screwed in metric screws. There were no UN threaded screws available in Germany.

4 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I have the kg1's.. I'm also looking for speaker stands.... 

I'm putting together a little system for my daughter.. next is headphones and turntable

IMG_20200813_144151.thumb.jpg.98a3bc6dc90d71f5e8701cad91828c8a.jpgIMG_20201003_135654_hdr.thumb.jpg.3e87c7eb560d904b28e5f2463cdfc556.jpg

IMG_20170224_161615_hdr.jpg

https://www.amazon.de/auna-Boxenständer-Lautsprecherständer-Sicherheitsglas-transparent-silber-silber/dp/B004E20FNC/ref=sr_1_88?dchild=1&keywords=Lautsprecherständer&link_code=qs&qid=1601996802&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-88

Should fit for the dimensions from the KG 1 , should be also available by amazon us.

9 hours ago, AndreG. said:

If anyone in Germany/ Europe is looking for the right bolts to use for the Omni Mounts on KG1.5 & 2.5, i found them on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B077GP3DLX/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

I got these longer ones, because the wood on my risers is quite thick ( About 1"/ 2,5cm).

why not make a copy of the info on these parts and post that here as future reference, the Amazon link will not last and you efforts and post will become obsolete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, moray james said:

why not make a copy of the info on these parts and post that here as future reference, the Amazon link will not last and you efforts and post will become obsolete.

Good point, thanks! So:

Innensechskant Kopf Schrauben 1/4"-20 x 1-1/2" 304 Edelstahl Vollgewinde DE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1