BEST brand of crossover Capacitors?

Tony T

I've followed many discussions within different forums surrounding capacitor brands. Sonicaps seem to be the common preference although, following other forums from other non-Klipsch sites I see Jantzen, Claritycap, Audyn True Copper caps, etc. I already anticipate a variety of responses to this general question knowing this is relative to ones listening preferences ... or is it? 

I also wonder, does a particular brand of capacitor vary depending on speaker model? For example, would the Heresy have a particular brand preferred over the Khorns since Khorns are obviously much greater in sound reproduction?

Awhile back I bought new Sonicap capacitors within the Klipsch Forum and rebuilt a set of AL-2's. I am now seeking the best replacements for a pair of AA crossovers. 

I am merely seeking the best sound reproduction from within the world of Capacitors. Cost is not my concern rather, QUALITY!

• Like 1

You may read this to find a decision

http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html

http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/download/Humble Homemade Hifi_Cap-Test-Ratings.pdf

I have built my own external crossovers for my RF 7 MK II and modified the given values to influence the sound.  With components from Jantzen, Mundorf and Thel Audio. It is also important that you take measurements and have the necessary equipment. Which products you choose depends on your own requirements.

Weiche5kleiner.jpg.0b4a93e3fabb2f28578818ef40f132bc.jpg

This Thread should be placed under the section " Technical / Modifications " and not in " Garage Sales " ;)

My latest discovery - Miflex caps from Poland - combine the cheap polypropylene caps with a copper-poly-paper bypass - excellent clarity, great tone for a reasonable price (and if hard pressed financially just use the polypropylene) - personall I prefer those to any Mundorf (I find all of them peaky) or Clarity Cap CSA (for example - or a variety of Russian types).

Cheers, Wolfram

38 minutes ago, dubai2000 said:

My latest discovery - Miflex caps from Poland - combine the cheap polypropylene caps with a copper-poly-paper bypass - excellent clarity, great tone for a reasonable price (and if hard pressed financially just use the polypropylene) - personall I prefer those to any Mundorf (I find all of them peaky) or Clarity Cap CSA (for example - or a variety of Russian types).

Cheers, Wolfram

Hi Wolfram ,

nice to see you here . Think that we´re 3 germans now in this brilliant community .

Grüße aus dem Ruhrgebiet

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I have built my own external crossovers for my RF 7 MK II and modified the given values to influence the sound.  With components from Jantzen, Mundorf and Thel Audio. It is also important that you take measurements and have the necessary equipment. Which products you choose depends on your own requirements.

impressive to look at

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, dubai2000 said:

Cheers, Wolfram

do you have a link to where one can buy them

Just now, pioneerhip said:

Deang built mine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Congratulations ------his style , and workmanship  , can't miss it really -these bulging caps are his trademark

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Schu said:

I'm german...

HHMMM....smilie_denk_49.gif    I never know if you take me seriously. Then we would be at least 4 Germans. BTW ...I´ve been in the world´s biggest Gambling hall once , spend a lot of Money and had won nothing .   smilie_happy_047.gif      But...the overnight stays in Cesar´s Palace were great as well as tripping arround Nevada......endless landscapes ......

I just hope @RandyH 000 doesn't think that the Germans occupied America......emoji-smile.gif

1 hour ago, dubai2000 said:

Hi MicroMara, we should be close as I am in Ratingen :D - I order Miflex caps here: https://www.tme.eu/en/

Cheers, Wolfram

Yes ....Thank you for the link, but I have no need at the moment, see picture above

Then we are less than 75 km away from each other, I feel like beeing in a german community right now ..happy_2.gif

Cheers Georg