Wasps.....How do YOU keep them away?

SWL

I love wasps 

A car salesman is showing some fine cars for sale, and the buyer is looking at them.

"Well, this one is a fine 1951 Hudson Hornet," says the car salesman.

The buyer gasps, "A Hudson HORNET? Well, I wouldn't want to see a Hudson Wasp!"

The salesman brushes it off and shows him the next car, "this is a Porsche Spyder."

Again, the buyer is aghast, "what is with car companies naming them after insects?! What's next, a Volkswagen Beetle?!"

• Like 1

Spectracide wasp & hornet spray is the most effective killing agent I have used against wasps, never without it. Spray them when they land, game over, also effective against small nests under eaves etc. I called in a pro for the monster nest in the drainpipe on my flat roof. He said he had never seen that before. As to yellow jacket nests underground, I wait until evening and pour gasoline down the hole and set on fire. Just make sure you are not near your sprinkler system, etc. 

15 hours ago, JohnJ said:

but what the heck are you doing with an almost empty gallon of that stuff you can't stand

Well, you know that is not my personal picture, but the snarky answer is that I put it out for the neighborhood cats---I heard it is bad for them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Yellojackets nest in the ground:

put a shop vac hose at the entryway in the morning and remove it in the evening!

You've got the colony captured with minimal effort.

I'd pour gasoline in the hle and light it up

or

hose to a tail pipe  and gas 'em , like pocket gophers 

For yellow jackets nesting in the ground I put a small stake near the nest so I can find it at night when they are all napping then pour gas down the hole. The fumes (not the gas) kill every last one stone cold dead.

JJK

Thanks for all the suggestions/input so far guys.

I realized that last year I wasn't on top of dealing with the wasps as much as I usually am and that's probably why they got as bad as they did. I got attacked pretty bad last fall (on my head) so that's why this year is payback time.

This year I started late June-early July spraying the wasp nests frequently with wasp killer. I bought some wasp decoys and hung them all around the house (6). Of the few things that wasps apparently don't like, I stuck dryer sheets all around the house. Jammed them into any little crevice I could. Under tables, chairs etc. as well as in screen doors.

I'll probably fill up a sprayer with soap and water and hit everything around the house next week. Shop vacs, fire, dynamite and all that stuff will be further down the line. cd19596e145d9db74ebcfdb8da5dbbda.jpg4a48d6032049ebd2b61e7cc256e878f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk